Menu

I need some feedback on paypal please

I had a paypal account that was tied to my bank account. I began to feel uncomfortable about this arrangement and deleted the account. At that time, there was no requirement to have a bank account or a credit card. Recently, I decided to open a new paypal account. I sold a couple of items and received money. Afterwards, I realized that their new policy dictates you have a bank account or credit card tied to the account before being able to spend your money.

Since I really don't want my bank account information out there, I thought I'd go with the credit card option. However, I'm wondering if there are any fees charged for this if you don't use the card.

Does anyone have experience with this that can help??

Thanks

As long as you do not change to a business account -- one in which you accept credit card paypal payments, you will not be charged any fees.

I always ask for non-credit card paypal as I have one account set up that does not accept credit cards.

I have one that does accept them for ebay, because you cannot refuse credit card paypal payments on ebay.

If someone does not adhere to this and attempts to pay you with credit card paypal, just refuse the payment -- do not upgrade.

I have a separate checking account that I use ONLY for Paypal. It's a free account, and has no minimum balance requirement. I keep a few hundred dollars in there that I use for making Paypal purchases. I've done this for years and years, and have never had any problems with the arrangement. I wouldn't want Paypal to have easy access to our main checking account.

I have a separate checking account that I use ONLY for Paypal. It's a free account, and has no minimum balance requirement. I keep a few hundred dollars in there that I use for making Paypal purchases. I've done this for years and years, and have never had any problems with the arrangement. I wouldn't want Paypal to have easy access to our main checking account.

Does it have to be a checking account? I've been wanting to switch accounts for some time now. Where do you have your checking account? You can PM me to keep it private,but I'd love to know so I can open one.

I, too, opened a separate checking account that requires no minimum balance, that I use only for PayPal. I also put "funded PayPal only" when I advertise books for sale. PayPal will allow you to accept up to five cc payments per year, starting with when you enroll with them, without automatically upgrading you - but - they do charge a fee with each one. So I do not accept cc PayPal.:001_smile:

Does it have to be a checking account? I've been wanting to switch accounts for some time now. Where do you have your checking account? You can PM me to keep it private,but I'd love to know so I can open one.

I have a Canadian Paypal account and it is linked to my savings account. I only keep a small amount of money in there for Paypal purchases. I didn't want Paypal to have information about our main chequing account either.

I opened a paypal account and added a one time debit card as an option for my CC. I do not have a checking account tied to my account and I only used the CC to confirm it.

I only accept non-cc paypal and only pay with funds in the account. I did notice when I pay it says that if funds are not available they will charge the CC.

I do not use the CC and have had no fees. They pre-authorized 1.00 to confirm the validity of the card at the time, but no other fees.