Menu

General history coloring book?

myfatherslily

I am looking at reading the Usborne First Encyclopedia of History with my DD next year for Kindergarten. Just as a general sweeping overview of history. I'd love to have just one coloring page to go along with each section. Rainbow Resource has alot of reasonably priced coloring books for different periods, BUT it would end up costing a LOT to get a $3.25 book for every week of the school year! Especially when I really only want ONE picture!

Do any of you know of a genera history coloring book, or a few that would cost a larger range of dates? Or perhaps someplace online where I could print some for free?

I'm letting my 1st grade daughter color in her figures for the timeline as I briefly talk about each item, she is really enjoying it. She loves to draw, and I save the expensive colored pencils for her schoolwork and special times, so she's extra motivated to color them in carefully.

We have these timeline figures, they're working well, but you could use others. So, it's a combination "coloring book" that will eventually grace our timeline and actual timeline figures, two for the price of one. Now that my husband's back from Iraq, I can get his help to figure the best way to put it together that will withstand our frequent moves.

http://www.jkschooling.com/samples.php

(They have it in a snake pattern, I'm planning on making a L to R version that can be hung on the wall and also folded up for storage and moving.)

Not sure if it is possible for all the time periods you want. However, sometimes you can take a picture you find online - even a photo, throw it in Paint, PhotoShop or another picture software and make it just black and white.

Again, not sure if that will work for you, but I think I am going to do that with my 9 year old from time to time, as well as my 7 year old. The 9 year old is the only one home schooling, but I like to give my 7 year old a few things to do with us here and there so she gets some extra info, and so she doesn't feel left out.

I have done this in the past with PhotoShop - a few years ago we printed out photos made into coloring pages for the girls when they were younger. I am still learning how to do it effectively in Elements. If I have a chance to figure it out in the next few days I will post.