Menu

I hit my 10% WW goal today!

At my Weight Watchers meeting this morning, I got a standing ovation and the tiara to wear during the meeting. I love my leader. She's such fun! It really does feel good to be a part of a group that acknowledges each other's goals.

I first joined in December 2007 but stopped in March 2008 about 1 lb. away from my 10% goal. I thought I could do it on my own. Instead, I maintained until October and then began gaining some of the weight back. By the time I rejoined in December 2008, I had regained 10 lbs. I had to relose that and then lose one more lb. to get my 10%.

So now I'm on track and totally focused. I will stick with my new lifestyle changes, reach my goal weight and become a lifetime member who attends meetings for free because I know that those meetings really help. :)

I have stuck with WW for two years now. It's not always easy but one thing that has definitely changed in my thinking is when I have slipped up I don't throw the whole lifestyle change out the window. I just keep going. In the past I'd have some slip ups and then say "well what's the point" and give up. That has been a big change for me and has allowed me to continue even through weight loss plateaus.

Keep up the good work!

At my Weight Watchers meeting this morning, I got a standing ovation and the tiara to wear during the meeting. I love my leader. She's such fun! It really does feel good to be a part of a group that acknowledges each other's goals.

I first joined in December 2007 but stopped in March 2008 about 1 lb. away from my 10% goal. I thought I could do it on my own. Instead, I maintained until October and then began gaining some of the weight back. By the time I rejoined in December 2008, I had regained 10 lbs. I had to relose that and then lose one more lb. to get my 10%.

So now I'm on track and totally focused. I will stick with my new lifestyle changes, reach my goal weight and become a lifetime member who attends meetings for free because I know that those meetings really help. :)

Great job!

So, tell all of us WW newbies - what are the 1 or 2 best tips you can share?

So, tell all of us WW newbies - what are the 1 or 2 best tips you can share?

Honestly, I stopped thinking of WW as a diet. It's a total lifestyle change. I allow myself to eat anything I want because portion control and moderation have become much easier for me. I do not feel deprived and I stay happy and satisfied. I'm losing an average of 1 lb. per week which is in the safe zone. It's slow going but it's weight I plan to keep off. My rewards are clothes. I have hated shopping for so long due to my shape. I'm finally at a place where I enjoy trying on clothes again. In another 8 to 10 lbs. I'm going to have to move down another size, and that's great motivation to keep going! :)