Menu

Need info about Wichita, KS and surrounding areas.....

My friend's dh was laid off from Bank Suisse here in Connecticut in early December. He's got an MBA, and has been applying EVERYWHERE. He's the top candidate for a job in Wichita, but she's a native Connecticut girl and knows nothing about Kansas. My family is from north central KS, and I've spent a fair amount of time in the Wichita and north area, so she asked me. I know the general area, but don't know specifics, so of course I figured someone here would know.

So, if you were a mom of three kids, all of whom are in public school, in which areas of Wichita would you look? Are there nice suburbs?

They would be looking at homes in the upper $300,000 range.

Thanks for any info!

Astrid

My mil and sil live in the Wichita area. My mil was a schoolteacher in the Goddard school district and speaks highly of the district. This is on the west side. Also, I've heard the Maize school district is great. Maize is on the northwest side. The "fancy" part of Wichita is the east side, but I can't help you there as I don't know much about that side. I can ask my mil about good districts.