Menu

GRRRR. Just came back from the eye doctor..(long)......

The other night while reading, I put my eyeglasses down on the bed next to me and the phone rang. Well, I rolled over to answer it and heard a loud CRUNCH!! Yep, it was my glasses. My son heard the sound in the next room. I'm wearing a pair of 10 year old glasses right now and have had a headache for 2 days.

Anyway, went to get new glasses and had an eye exam because I haven't had one in 3 years. We go to Target because that's where our plan is and there's this new doctor there. She has absolutely no personality to speak of. Tried making conversation, but to no avail. I had to tell her at least 3 times what happened to my glasses and I guess it finally sunk in.

I get into the chair and since I'm short, she has to raise the chair to a certain height. Well, she pressed and pressed the button and the chair didn't move and guess what she said??? "I guess you weigh too much because the chair won't go up!!!" I guess my jaw fell to the floor because she said she was only kidding, but I'll tell you my feelings are hurt because I'm 4ft. 10 inches tall and weigh 100lbs.!

Is that fat to you? She didn't even apologize. My son needs to have an eye exam and I don't think we'll go back there.

I told my son what happened and he was quite upset, said he should've come with me. He said that that doctor shouldn't kid about weight, especially with a woman.

Well, I guess I learned a valuable lesson today.....never put your glasses where you can roll over onto them. Put them in their case or on a table.

Thanks for reading!

That was really mean! I hate having to use those type of outlet doctors. I have an appt for my boys for the dentist version of that tomorrow. Ya know, the store front dentist where you never see the same one twice and you're lucky if they can understand you and if you leave without a sore mouth from a too-hard cleaning. Sorry. That was my mini-vent. It's the only kind of dentist our ins. covers and I'm mad as heck about it!

She probably said it because it is so obviously outrageous. Of course you're not too heavy. She expected you to say, "Yeah, right!", and chuckle.

I didn't hear her tone, but (based on your size) she had to be kidding. She was attempting humor, and just didn't pull it off very well, or she underestimated your sensitivity. I wouldn't be offended. I'd just put on some rhino skin, or some duck feathers, and let it rollllllll off.

Do the glasses work for you?

The other night while reading, I put my eyeglasses down on the bed next to me and the phone rang. Well, I rolled over to answer it and heard a loud CRUNCH!! Yep, it was my glasses. My son heard the sound in the next room. I'm wearing a pair of 10 year old glasses right now and have had a headache for 2 days.

Anyway, went to get new glasses and had an eye exam because I haven't had one in 3 years. We go to Target because that's where our plan is and there's this new doctor there. She has absolutely no personality to speak of. Tried making conversation, but to no avail. I had to tell her at least 3 times what happened to my glasses and I guess it finally sunk in.

I get into the chair and since I'm short, she has to raise the chair to a certain height. Well, she pressed and pressed the button and the chair didn't move and guess what she said??? "I guess you weigh too much because the chair won't go up!!!" I guess my jaw fell to the floor because she said she was only kidding, but I'll tell you my feelings are hurt because I'm 4ft. 10 inches tall and weigh 100lbs.!

Is that fat to you? She didn't even apologize. My son needs to have an eye exam and I don't think we'll go back there.

I told my son what happened and he was quite upset, said he should've come with me. He said that that doctor shouldn't kid about weight, especially with a woman.

Well, I guess I learned a valuable lesson today.....never put your glasses where you can roll over onto them. Put them in their case or on a table.

Thanks for reading!

That was obviously a joke and I am surprised you took offense. It was her way of making light of the chair not raising you properly. I weigh more than you and had it been directed me, I would have recognized the quip for what it was.

I am sorry about your glasses though. That's always a bummer.

I really think she was trying to make what she thought was a very obvious joke - of course you don't weigh much! My word, you are a skinny woman!

That said, I'd never go to Target for an eye exam. I'd only see an opthamologist (a real MD).

Ria