Menu

Paper cutter recommendations needed

I'll be the dissenting opinion here (there's always at least one, right? ;)). I don't like my Fiskars rotary cutter. The blades are expensive, and if you don't use a sharp one it tears up the paper. Also, mine has trouble cutting through more than a 3 pieces of paper at a time.

My friend has an old school paper cutter, and it does a MUCH better job. I don't need to use mine often, otherwise I'd chuck it and buy the other style.

I have a cutterbee. I like the fact that it has a rotary blade. The cutterbee's actually cutting surface is a white strip that can be replaced instead of buying a new cutter altogether. The replacement blades aren't horribly priced, either at less than $3-$4

I had a Fiskars with the sliding blade (not the rotary) and one thing I noticed is the groove that the blade rests in got warped and my papers were ending up all wonky and crooked. I'm a perfectionist and it has to be super straight.

I can't speak for the Fiskars rotary as I've never had one, only the little paper trimmer style.

Heidi

I have a cutterbee. I like the fact that it has a rotary blade. The cutterbee's actually cutting surface is a white strip that can be replaced instead of buying a new cutter altogether. The replacement blades aren't horribly priced, either at less than $3-$4

I had a Fiskars with the sliding blade (not the rotary) and one thing I noticed is the groove that the blade rests in got warped and my papers were ending up all wonky and crooked. I'm a perfectionist and it has to be super straight.

I can't speak for the Fiskars rotary as I've never had one, only the little paper trimmer style.

Heidi

Do you have a link to the Cutterbee? When I tried to search for it, it seemed to be a name brand for lots of scrapbooking supplies. I'm not sure which one it is that you like.

Thanks!