Menu

Another female question...

Here is the deal. The baby is 8 1/2 mos. old. I've had 2 or 3 periods in a row since his birth (can't remember which) and was expecting to get another somewhere around the 20th. Each cycle was pretty consistent (26 days, then 28 days...so around the same each time). I figured this one would be around 28 - 30 days or so. I am still nursing, but not as much as when he was first born, obviously. So, here is the deal...around the 16th I had some spotting for about a day...very light. Then nothing. I had this happen last month, too, but then got a real period about 6 days later. Well...this is about 8 days later and nada, zippo. Dh is picking up a pregnancy test while he is out. :001_huh: But, honestly...I just don't see how I COULD be pregnant. We've been careful...really careful. What do you all think? Do you think I am just late b/c of nursing or stress or do you think this is what I fear the most...I am pregnant? FWIW...it's going on 36 days now since my last period. :001_huh: Somebody tell me that this is perfectly normal and that my worst fear will not be realized! Please?

:willy_nilly: AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH! You have confirmed my fear. Yikes. Well...my dh just arrived home. Off to take the test. What in the world am I going to do if this test is positive? :willy_nilly:

Deep breaths. One thing at a time. You'll get through it, Sue.:grouphug:

No sense stressing until you know for sure. :grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug: Boy, do I ever know that relief!!! Worth every penny of the test - heh?

Periods after having a baby are really wacky. It can take some time before they regulate themselves. I bet that's all it is. Mine have been wacky since my fourth was born nearly three years ago. I still get cycles that are just spotting. (Love those!!) I've been to the doctor and had an u/s and all was fine. It's just normal for me!

:grouphug::grouphug: Boy, do I ever know that relief!!! Worth every penny of the test - heh?

Periods after having a baby are really wacky. It can take some time before they regulate themselves. I bet that's all it is. Mine have been wacky since my fourth was born nearly three years ago. I still get cycles that are just spotting. (Love those!!) I've been to the doctor and had an u/s and all was fine. It's just normal for me!

After nine months of bf'ing, my period came and went irregulary.

Had it checked and there was nothing wrong. Just hormone levels regulating because dd was nursing less frequently.

Sue,

There is a good article here.

http://www.breastfeed-essentials.com/menstruation.html