Menu

Another WWYD

I brought my 2 youngest children and ds's friend to Jump Zone,(an inflatable play place). A boy comes running to me telling me kids were fighting, I knew that my kids were not involved so I told him he needs to tell one of the employees. The mother of this boy tells me I have to see what's going on. My response "No, there needs to be some parenting. I take care of and watch for my own" . Unless of course I see something first hand that might endanger others or I know my children or children I am responsible for are involved. I was with my 3 year old and keeping track of the other 2 children with me. So, are you responsible to be watching everyone's kids in a place like that besides the normal safety of kids climbing up the slides that may be to young to think about it? I say no, parents need to parent and know where their kids are and what they are doing at all times. The Jump Zone only had 1 monitor where they hsould have had maybe 2 or 3 for as busy as it was.

If you can see all of yours and know they aren't involved, I think you are okay to just keep watching your own. Taking off to look for where the probolem is would leave yours unsupervised, wouldn't it?

If I thought there was a serious problem and a child getting hurt, I would jump on it. Just two kids in a fuss? I would ignore that.