Menu

Having issues w/the "daily grind". Need inspiration.

Ugh. Mondays, weekdays. I'm sick of them. I'm sick of picking up after everybody, making my dd make her bed, cleaning up after everyone. It's the same crap day after day. I'm the ogre. I'm sick of doing laundry and picking up after animals and feeding them and vacuuming up hair and doing dishes. I'm sick of my living room being the same way, but the stuff is too big to move and my back is horrible; the same w/the rest of the house. It's the same thing day after day. The daily sad face of "do I have to do school?" "Are we done yet?" "When do I get to have a break?" Come the weekends, it's just more of the same, minus homeschool. I have a great dh, but he requires "it" daily. He's good w/dd and I know I'm lucky because we don't have money issues and I get to stay home. But I'm so sick of the same old thing. I have to fly to freezing cold for my mom's 3rd marriage (to a great guy, although he has no idea what he's getting himself into), but it's this hoopla and she's 77. I have no desire to fly to someplace freezing (we won't go there w/the de-icing the plane thing) for this.

I wanna go have fun. I want to do something I want to do. I want a hobby, but I don't need to find a place to store more junk and I need a life. Nobody seems to need friends or want any. I'm having midlife crisis. I'm 48 and have done nothing. I need inspiration.

There. I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent. Oh, off to clean up the cat barf.

I have been going through the same thing. :glare:

How about taking a class of some sort? I was actually considering starting college with a goal of being a nurse, and I am almost 39.:001_huh:

Now I am not so sure about the whole college thing, but I may find some sort of local class to take. I need to have an interest and get out of the house.

I suggest finding a class or hobby to get you out of the house and spend some time doing something for yourself.

I can soooo relate to this post. Maybe it's a combo of things, at least it's my conclusion about my situation. Short closed in winter days - don't know where you live, but if it's cold & snowy and you don't like to go out in the snow it can do a number on you.

Not enough sunlight can aggravate mood swings. Don't know where you fall on the menopause spectrum, but that can be part of it.

Also don't remember the ages of your dc, but as they become more independent you're left with more free time, but since as home schoolers we focus on dc alot if we haven't had time to cultivate interests or hobbies apart from our role as Mom we're left with a vacuum, kinda' like dc when they pre-teen years (again don't know your dc ages, sorry should have paid attention). Mine dc at least are going through a phase where doing things that interested them as a younger child don't have the same fufillment as before.

Do you have a talent or interest you could pursue? -take a class in it. Set up an area in your house just for you to relax in -to pray, meditate, or just curl up with a book. Maybe volunteer work or just try & network more at homeschool group events or church or civic group to widen group of friends if lacking. Maybe a spa day with a mini-makeover, if budget doesn't allow to go out buy some great new products & do-it-yourself (aren't homeschoolers used to that).

Basically carve out an identity apart from children, think about who you were before them, & who you want to be after homeschooling. This season of life will be over before you know it unless you have children very spread out in age. Consider it teacher enrichment if you have a hard time doing things for yourself without feeling guilty.

Know you're not alone I'm sure many can attest to that. I'm sure you'll get great advice as these boards are a wealth of advice & support.

Chin up & go do something for YOU!!

I went and had a hamburger with french fries with my dd (a very rare occassion for me) and felt so much better.

Honestly, do something fun for yourself once in a while. Even if it is a small thing like going out for a hamburger.

It was so much fun to eat out with my teenage daughter. She enjoyed it too.

me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! today was a major struggle for me...could hardly keep a half smile on my face...tired of the puppy, tired of cleaning up the house, tired of a "spirited" 8 yr old! everything feels like such a chore lately.

on that note, I went to the Dr. on Friday - she ran a bunch of tests(do not have results yet)but she swears I'm in early stages of menopause - I'll be 42 in March! ARGH!

Do you all know what I do? I go to the movies BY MYSELF. I will go on a week night when I have just had enough of the same 'ol same 'ol. I get dinner on the table and then leave by 6:20 for the 7:05 show. I get the pop corn and soda! My DH cleans up and puts the kids to bed. He is in bed when I get home about 9:00 PM. It is WONDERFUL! I tell him all the time to do the same - but it's not his thing. Sometimes when he can't remember the last time I went, he'll say, "Hey, why don't you see a movie tonight?" Isn't that sweet? ;) I go about 2/ month. I LOVE IT!

Oh, and 1/ week I go horse back riding by myself, but that's out my back yard. Pure therapy for me but cheaper!

Oh, and I pray a lot!