Menu

Suggestions for History Timeline Figures & Record Book

candleinaustin

I'm searching for suggestions on your fav. historical timeline figures and record book.

I've seen the Sonlight ones, but I'm really tempted by the History through the Ages one on CD.

I'd really appreciate any feedback about your timeline experiences, but I'm already leaning toward a book that she'll have to keep as opposed to a wall chart. And do you like having them preprinted or do you prefer to print them out yourself?

Thanks!

We use the History Through the Ages cd. I wanted to buy that because I like having the different printing options...size, with or without text. For the grammar stage I am printing them on cardstock and we are pasting them on a wall timeline. Once they hit the logic stage, I will break out the books I have made. I have also thought about printing them onto paper that has adhesive (like stickers) to make it easier.

I just got the timeline pages from WP. They're a little different from anything else I had looked at because they already have events listed at the top and bottom. (see the samples and that will make sense) I wanted my dd to start to make connections without necessarily having to put on FIGURES for all that to make that happen, kwim? So this way she can put on figures for just the things we study, but she can be inspired to pursue the rabbit trails.

They mean for you to put the pages in a notebook (binder), but I think I'm going to take Chris in VA's idea and do 3 rings. There are a LOT of pages, so I might divide them in two piles. I thought I'd make laminated covers.

Another vote for History Through the Ages CD!

She is wonderful and if you have any questions, you can email and she'll tell you why/how she came up with that picture to symbolize whatever it is.

And then we cut out the pics and paste them in Wonders of Old Timeline Book. It is gorgeous, oversize book.

The other thing is, that we did have a wall chart for the time period we were working on. For example: Middle Ages. And just marked a spot with a brief few words summary for any event or person. It was a nice visual aid.

Right now we are doing Sonlight Core 5 so we aren't working on a timeline, but a large world map.

I use the History Through the Ages cd and then ds glues the figures on these blank timelines

http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/Blank+Timeline+Templates+(Set+of+10)/011940/1232568080-1122104

For now the timeline is on the wall, but when we are done, I will put them into a folder - to make it booklike so that he can turn the pages.

That way I feel he gets the benefit of both.