Menu

I am enjoying WW

I started 2 weeks ago and find that (Wow!) I can manage this. I lost 7 pounds the first week. I only lost .6 today but considering the huge amount lost this week, I was pretty happy.

I find that it helps to NOT weigh myself every day. I only weigh in at meetings. I also really like the little checklist on the side of the tracker that tracks how much milk, veg, fruit etc you have had.

Anyone else doing WW?

Alexandra

I have been following ww for two years now and it has really become a part of life for me (and unknowingly the rest of the family). I follow what was called the Core plan which is similar to eating only 'filling foods' in the momentum plan.

Remember it's a life long journey. Make changes you can live with forever rather than drastic changes that you'll give up in a few weeks. (Ask me how I know this.:))

Anyone else doing WW?

Alexandra

Yes, but I am not enjoying it. I am hungry. Really hungry.

I've lost 2.5 pounds in two weeks, however. And I was on vacation during one of those weeks.

I know I'm going to have to find a way to make it an enjoyable experience, or I won't stick with it.

Maybe I need to experiment with some of the recipes on the site...

I just started a couple weeks ago, and I'm loving it too! I'm finding it so manageable and I love that I can track my points online. I had kind of a bad week this week since it was my b-day (and I'd slipped a little before that as well), but usually if I have a slip up I get totally discouraged, this time I feel like I know how to handle it.

I've lost 2.5 pounds in two weeks, however. And I was on vacation during one of those weeks.

I know I'm going to have to find a way to make it an enjoyable experience, or I won't stick with it.

Truthfully I'm not overly familiar with the momentum plan but I do know the filling foods list models the idea of ww's previous plan called Core which is what I follow. You'll notice the filling foods list generally has lower points and is I guess scientifically calculated to be more satisfying overall. Admittedly the filling foods list does not include cookies and ice cream but whole foods such as fruits, veggies, lean meats, low fat dairy, etc. Really it works. Once you've ditched the junkie, empty calorie foods for the filling foods your body adjusts and actually does quite well on the plan. And if you're hungry these foods usually satisfy the appetite better because you can eat more of them for the same point values of empty-caloried foods. (I hope that makes sense.)

I have followed the plan for two years and have kept of 60 pounds. I plan to reach goal weight this year which is actually another 30ish pounds. Success of the program, I believe, does lie in the conjunction of a good diet and exercise. I exercise 6 days a week.

That would be miserable. Have you made any of the Zero Point Soup? I make a double batch of that once a week and eat it a lot. I eat it most often at lunch time along with a piece of cheese toast (Nature's Own light bread and Cabot 75% fat free cheddar for 1 1/2 points) and then again just as I start cooking dinner. It really helps me stay on target.

Also, don't be afraid to use the points in your Weekly Allowance and the ones you earn through exercise--they're there to be used!

I am so happy I've gone back to the WW meetings. I've been on plan for 3 weeks and have lost the weight I gained since I left WW last March. I should hit my 10% goal sometime in the next week or so (that I should have hit last March instead of trying to go it alone!) I was only a half pound away at last week's weigh-in but went out of town this weekend. I made many good choices but I also chose to join the party I was at and enjoy some things I don't have on a regular basis. Afterall, that is what WW is teaching me. I can eat anything I want as long as I keep it balanced.

Their 2009 Momentum plan is a blend of their previous Flex and Core plans.

I've been doing WW point system since March of last year. I made goal this fall but haven't been able to get to meetings for a few months. I'm getting back into the meetings next month and looking forward to it. The meetings really help me stay accountable and I like the support.

The Zero point veggie soup is Soooooo Good! It is a keeper! Make a double batch and freeze some. Progresso also has zero point soup. It is good too but if you have the time, making it fresh tastes better. :)