Menu

Need CD suggestions for my 9yod....

She has a hard time settling down at night to sleep. I know there's music out there that is geared toward nature - like soft ocean sounds, breezes, water, etc.. It can be anything soothing. I went on our Library's website and there are 320 choices that might fit this. Will someone here help me narrow this down please? Do you have a favorite artist? Thanks so much. Michelle

My girls listen to Story of the World and that gets them straight off to sleep! They are bouncing around for at least a couple of hours if they have nothing to listen to. They enjoy listening and ask for Story of the World because they like it but I've noticed that it does have the effect of settling them down to sleep faster.

dd10 used to like to jazz. She loved Ella Fitzgerald :0) at 6yo. If you have a laptop you may try putting it in her room, on an online radio station site like Pandora or Rhapsody, and see if any of the stations do something for her. It would be a cheap way to see what she likes and it may surprise you.

ds used to love to fall asleep to an audio book or a reading of the Bible.

for the ideas....I never thought of Walmart's "nature" cd's...although that's sort of what I have in mind. She loves Story of the World...but it doesn't relax her. It sort of has the opposite effect. I've also had her listen to very soothing classical without much success. She was at a sleepover a few months ago, and the little girl she stayed with had a fish tank in her room. dd came home and said it was really relaxing.