Menu

Library edition of Rosetta Stone

Our computer has been acting weird off and on for a while now and we weren't able to access Rosetta Stone through the library. I went to try something new today and couldn't find the link on our library's web-site. I called to ask and they said that Rosetta Stone has quit offering libraries access to their program. Does anyone still have access through their library? Or is it true that it has been yanked from everyone?

It's true - no more RS in the libraries. Our library has an alternate program, so perhaps your might?

What is the alternate program? They said that they were looking into different ideas but didn't have anything at this time. Do you like the alternate program??

Also the same librarian said that you can only download the Rosetta Stone that you purchase one time. Is that true? Has anyone, who has purchased Rosetta Stone used, have a problem with it?

Our computer has been acting weird off and on for a while now and we weren't able to access Rosetta Stone through the library. I went to try something new today and couldn't find the link on our library's web-site. I called to ask and they said that Rosetta Stone has quit offering libraries access to their program. Does anyone still have access through their library? Or is it true that it has been yanked from everyone?

At my library (where I am the librarian) we received a letter informing us that our contract for services would end Sep. 30th, 2007. We had just paid for another full year shortly prior to receiving the notice. We were VERY surprised that a rep would have called to take our renewal, and then less than a month later, receive this notice.

I had called to see what was going on. I was told that it had nothing to do with our library personally. They were eliminating all library service contracts, period. We did write to them (as did many other libraries) asking them to reconsider. The form letter reply stated, in a nutshell, that it was a business decision that would stand.