Menu

Kinder Science - need suggestions, but I know some I/DS don't like

tuckabella

I need some suggestions for my 5yr old DS who craves more science and LOVES experiments. We have gone through Van Cleave's Play and Find Out books, and don't like Mudpies to Magnets (or more mudpies and magnets), Everybody Has a Body.

He loves the experiments. Don't want workbook only stuff, need to actually DO things, VERY OFTEN.

Does this exist??? Please let me know.

My dd also loves science experiments and I got some supplies from Sonlight (someone from the boards recommended it and I'm very glad I paid attention!)

I've never purchased a whole program w/ instructor's guide, etc. I get the DVD, consummable experiment kit for that level, the experiment book (usborne books for K, 1st and 2nd), and the non-consummable kit. Then you've got everything you need (besides stuff like a glass, slice of bread, water, food coloring, etc.) to do experiments.

We are about to do Sonlight Science K. My son likes experiments too. We did Living Learning Books Level 1 minus the Activity pgs. We just did the experiments and checked the books out. We loved it. but you have make lots of trips to the library. Science is Simple has lots of experiments.

I hardly ever post, but had to pass these along for you. Both of these books are packed with experiments for kindergartners, using things you have around the house or are easy to find. You can find them at The American Chemical Society site (links for each book below). These are my favorites for the youngers. Kay

Apples, Bubbles, and Crystals - Your Science ABCs

http://portal.acs.org/portal/acs/corg/content?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PP_ARTICLEMAIN&node_id=553&use_sec=false&sec_url_var=region1&__uuid=a5c5eb2b-c806-4659-93af-094b89e7593f

Sunlight, Skyscrapers, and Soda Pop:The Wherever-You-Look Science Book

http://portal.acs.org/portal/acs/corg/content?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PP_ARTICLEMAIN&node_id=554&use_sec=false&sec_url_var=region1&__uuid=492d9d64-29a1-46e1-8c77-18d5392ef39b