Menu

Anyone subscribe to Learning Through History Magazine?

ummtafari

We really like it, though since we're using SOTW, it never seems to fit in with what we're studying when it arrives in the mailbox. We ALL (dd, dh, myself, my mom) all read it cover-to-cover, but more in a free-reading sort of way, and less as a complement to our curriculum. We do pull out back issues if I remember them as we get to an corresponding chapter.

It's a lovely magazine. Well worth the money, IMHO.

astrid

It is quite advanced for a 9yo (especially the comprehension-type activities or "add ons" - whatever the heck they are called). But we enjoy it very much and are holding on to them for coordinating with SOTW in the future. The issue about the Byzantine Empire was particularly fascinating.

Enjoy!

Julie

We've subscribed for a couple of years. I purchased my timelines from them, too. I bought alot of timelines...and maps... Course, it took me over a year to get the timelines up...and I'm just getting up to hanging up the maps.

They are nice....both the magazine and the timelines. I do think that alot of the info might be over a 9 year old....but you should be able to use a good amount. AND, these are magazines that you don't get rid of...

If you are a Christian, the magazine WORLD puts out a kids product...and my kids like that.

Carrie:-)

We really like it, though since we're using SOTW, it never seems to fit in with what we're studying when it arrives in the mailbox. We ALL (dd, dh, myself, my mom) all read it cover-to-cover, but more in a free-reading sort of way, and less as a complement to our curriculum. We do pull out back issues if I remember them as we get to an corresponding chapter.

It's a lovely magazine. Well worth the money, IMHO.

astrid

When the magazine arrives, if it's not where we are in History, I will make a notation in the in my file so I can pull it out when we come to that part in history.