Menu

Online Stats Class options?

I know a family who need to on outsource math for an average math student. Can be AP or not. Suggestions?

I know PA Homeschoolers. 
What else is out there? 

Off to read the math pinned thread, but I thought I might get more up to date answers with this one. 

2 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

I know a family who need to on outsource math for an average math student. Can be AP or not. Suggestions?

I know PA Homeschoolers. 
What else is out there? 

Off to read the math pinned thread, but I thought I might get more up to date answers with this one. 

If they have any questions, my contact info is on my PAHS page for AP Stats. I welcome questions and inquiries at any time. 

Jen Driscoll

AP Statistics/PA Homeschoolers

• Thanks 1

Not sure that an average math student belongs in AP (since AP is supposed to be college level), but if they're advanced enough that college level is okay, their local CC might work too. Our local CC's campus is super dead (they say since Covid), and most of their classes are either online only or hybrid - it's my impression a lot of CCs offer online classes these days.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, luuknam said:

Not sure that an average math student belongs in AP (since AP is supposed to be college level), but if they're advanced enough that college level is okay, their local CC might work too. Our local CC's campus is super dead (they say since Covid), and most of their classes are either online only or hybrid - it's my impression a lot of CCs offer online classes these days.

She’s a decent math student, just doesn’t enjoy it. We’ve found AP Stats to be a reasonable class and an easy exam. It was substantially easier than PreCal here.

She just needs an option for post Alg 2 math to fulfill a graduation requirement. She will likely be a humanities major of some sort. DE at a local 4 year uni is an option; their CC is bad.

Edited by ScoutTN

4 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

She’s a decent math student, just doesn’t enjoy it. We’ve found AP Stats to be a reasonable class and an easy exam. It was substantially easier than PreCal here.

She just needs an option for post Alg 2 math to fulfill a graduation requirement. She will likely be a humanities major of some sort. DE at a local 4 year uni is an option; their CC is bad.

A lot of students in that situation enjoy stats (AP or otherwise). There is so much real-world data to play with, and ideas for interacting more intelligently with all forms of media and advertising, medicine, and so forth; the math becomes really relevant. And most humanities will need stats in some form. A student who finished Algebra II has all the math prerequisite they need for AP Stats; the bigger issue will be ability to devote enough time. Many AP courses, stats included, require 7-10 hours per week.

Jen Driscoll

AP Statistics/PA Homeschoolers

• Like 1