Menu

Becoming a Critical Thinker, Julie Bogart's new critical thinking workbook

Has anyone bought this yet?  Any reviews, thoughts?  Could it serve as a type of "intro to logic"? How do you plan to use it?  Do you find it clear?  Sometimes Julie's books feel overly wordy to me.  I will probably purchase it for myself soon, but wondered if anyone here had any info. on it.

Edited by KeriJ
First to include title, then typing too fast

I hadn't heard of it so I looked it up on Amazon.  Becoming a Critical Thinker?  I saw the sample, and ds wouldn't like the first lesson at all because it wants him to express how he feels, but I think he would like lesson 2.  I'd be willing to get it and see.

• Like 1

• KeriJ changed the title to Becoming a Critical Thinker, Julie Bogart's new critical thinking workbook

I have both, but I haven't done anything much with it other than put in our future curriculum pile.  I am also curious to see how people have implemented it.  I think the workbook is only a few months old so there might not be much about that part specifically.

• Like 1

I have it and I like the look of it. I’m going to use it with dd15 next year. I’ll probably weave it in sometimes with Lit and sometimes with history. It’s not like fallacies or formal logic, but it’s along the same vein. 

• Like 1