Menu

Anyone else not getting cell signal?

Acadie

No cell service in NE Ohio for my family and a few friends. I haven’t seen any news about outages, but WTM has often given me an early heads-up about such things! 

In other news, Cleveland City Hall is closed for the rest of the week after reopening today, following a cyber attack over the weekend.

Kinda weird—in such a major metro area we don’t typically lose services for long. Very different than living rurally where we had cell disruptions pretty much on a daily basis. 

My texting & calling is working (Verizon), and I can get a call to our hospital system’s billing center, but when it tries to connect me to a person the call drops. When this happened a few weeks ago some phone company basement flooded and put out some service all over the Midwest. I didn’t find it out until the evening news, when they said the two biggest hospital systems in our area and some towns 911 services weren’t working at all. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Katy said:

My texting & calling is working (Verizon), and I can get a call to our hospital system’s billing center, but when it tries to connect me to a person the call drops. When this happened a few weeks ago some phone company basement flooded and put out some service all over the Midwest. I didn’t find it out until the evening news, when they said the two biggest hospital systems in our area and some towns 911 services weren’t working at all. 

Interesting—I had several calls drop after a couple minutes today, before losing service entirely.