Menu

I’m not very techy

Dh has a Mac. So he created a document using Pages. He would like to turn it into a fillable PDF. 

My first thought was that he would need Adobe to do that, right? But that costs money, I think. Is there a free way to do this? 

I googled and found something called PDF Gear, but I have never heard of it and am wary of downloading things I never heard of from the web. 

I’m looking for free because this is not something I expect he will need to do often.

1 hour ago, almondbutterandjelly said:

I know my college dd used Google docs for fillable things.  I believe that is free.  I don't know how to make something go from Pages to Google Docs, but I imagine there is a way.

Thanks. I will look into this. I know my 27 year old uses Google docs all the time. So I’ll ask her if she has ever used it for fillable docs. 

40 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

have you searched for "covert pages to pdf"?

I will do that when I have had to convert PDF/Word documents.

yes, but it seemed like I would need Adobe or PDF Gear. I’m looking for something free. 

18 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Thanks. I will look into this. I know my 27 year old uses Google docs all the time. So I’ll ask her if she has ever used it for fillable docs. 

yes, but it seemed like I would need Adobe or PDF Gear. I’m looking for something free. 

include free in the search term.

I can do a conversion online, for free. There are bunch of word/pdf sites that will allow the home user to convert the odd document for free.  A business that wants to convert a lot of files will need to pay.

I'm not downloading software to my computer - but uploading the document I need converted, then I can download the converted document.

Just now, gardenmom5 said:

include free in the search term.

I can do a conversion online, for free. There are bunch of word/pdf sites that will allow the home user to convert the odd document for free.  A business that wants to convert a lot of files will need to pay.

I'm not downloading software to my computer - but uploading the document I need converted, then I can download the converted document.

What website do you use? This is only one doc that he wants to convert. 

3 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

I think the key is the "fillable" part.

Converting to a pdf is different than converting to a fillable pdf.

Yes, I agree. I’ve been searching using free, fillable, convert… all the right words, I think. But the free part always seems to be a free trial. So really it would cost me. I just want to convert one document. 

Posted (edited)

If you only need to do one document then a trial works. If Adobe is offering the trial I've never had trouble stopping with Adobe. They offer a good product and have plenty of people willing to pay for their software.

Edited by Clarita
Typo

5 hours ago, Amethyst said:

What website do you use? This is only one doc that he wants to convert. 

I don't have a specific one.  (it's rare I need to convert a file) I do a search, and do have to look at a few sites.