Menu

This quirky song

This song has been in our family rotation for years and I never paid attention to the lyrics!  I had no idea.  I am also pro oxford comma.  I also cannot (and will not) break my habit of two spaces after periods.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, skimomma said:

This song has been in our family rotation for years and I never paid attention to the lyrics!  I had no idea.  I am also pro oxford comma.  I also cannot (and will not) break my habit of two spaces after periods.

In typing class in the 90’s, we used two spaces. I’ve since broken the habit, though. But you are totally free to use those extra spaces forever!  ☺️ Who gives a fig about extra spaces? 

I’ve liked Vampire Weekend for a while but I’ll admit I’ve never paid attention to the lyrics. I’m definitely pro-Oxford comma. The two spaces after a period that my dh does drives me nuts though. It really labels anyone that uses it as an old-timer. But that’s not why I dislike it. I think I dislike it because it throws off the spacing now more than it did when we all used typewriters. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I’ve liked Vampire Weekend for a while but I’ll admit I’ve never paid attention to the lyrics. I’m definitely pro-Oxford comma. The two spaces after a period that my dh does drives me nuts though. It really labels anyone that uses it as an old-timer. But that’s not why I dislike it. I think I dislike it because it throws off the spacing now more than it did when we all used typewriters. 

Well, the song is about not arguing with people over insignificant things. So, what does the hive do? Argues about the Oxford comma, lol. 😂 So the song is so fitting. You just have to excuse the language, if that matters to you. 🙂