Menu

Is it me?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, marbel said:

Mistake on the mission order?  Were you involved in the purchase? Can you actually add value to this process? I mean, he made a mistake, does he need you to fix it?  

Well, the value is in listening to him talk about it.   Too much info.  I listen to make sure he is thinking clearly and not making another mistake.

Edited by TexasProud

Fwiw, in my body, with my autoimmune issues (meaning I definitely have to moderate stress and activity levels), a 5 week RV trip would have me blocking three days on my schedule afterwards. Day 1 would be resting, mail sorting, and only the most essentials. Day 2 would be unpacking the RV with dh’s help and doing laundry and urgent stuff. Day 3 would be finishing up the unwinding and starting to look at picking up normal life again (ie even beginning to think about any of the things you mentioned). Nothing would really happen day 3 but rest and planning to pick up work by scheduling out how much I can take on at a time. (I usually find day 3 to be a day when the exhaustion from traveling catches up with me.) 

I *can be* very high functioning (ie hike 10 miles in a day, juggle a bunch of things) for a limited amount of time, but I need a recovery time afterwards.

I think I am seeing a pattern in your posts, over several years, where you seem to have an uptick in stress at these transition periods (coming back from things, about to go on things) where I am wondering if you planning a bigger buffer period in your life might help you feel better and be less stressed/weary and help you keep your anxiety more manageable. I think your brain hiccups more and things feel bigger when you arent getting some emotional and physical recovery time.

One of the areas where dh and I differ is that he comes back and immediately wants to catch up on all of the things  and I now need downtime to be able to pick stuff back up. We’ve had to talk about and work through this area where we are different. Neither of us are right/wrong, we’re just built differently…and that can be a beautifully complementary thing where he is strong where I am weak, and vice versa. My ability to manage long term projects and stressors outshines his. I see the forest from the trees.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Fwiw, in my body, with my autoimmune issues (meaning I definitely have to moderate stress and activity levels), a 5 week RV trip would have me blocking three days on my schedule afterwards. Day 1 would be resting, mail sorting, and only the most essentials. Day 2 would be unpacking the RV with dh’s help and doing laundry and urgent stuff. Day 3 would be finishing up the unwinding and starting to look at picking up normal life again (ie even beginning to think about any of the things you mentioned). Nothing would really happen day 3 but rest and planning to pick up work by scheduling out how much I can take on at a time. (I usually find day 3 to be a day when the exhaustion from traveling catches up with me.) 

I think I am seeing a pattern in your posts, over several years, where you seem to have an uptick in stress at these transition periods (coming back from things, about to go on things) where I am wondering if you planning a bigger buffer period in your life might help you feel better and be less stressed/weary and help you keep your anxiety more manageable. I think your brain hiccups more and things feel bigger when you arent getting some emotional and physical recovery time.

I don't have anything scheduled right now.  Yes, I completely agree that transitions get me.  But I don't have anything I HAVE to do this week.  All there is is buffer. I have some doctor appointments and hair appointments next week before we leave town again, but this week I have no responsibilities.  But I think that may be part of it as well.  I really miss doing choir and talking with friends...talking about something other than mission work and legal issues.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Can you call a friend and meet for lunch tomorrow? Or drop by a coffee at a friend’s house and chat for a bit? 

They all work jobs full time. They are teachers or work at universities in the financial department.   My best friend will be finished with teaching on the 17th, so we are working on getting together after that.  But my other friends have children who are in the midst of the May apocalypse or whatever people are calling it.  They have dance recitals and end of the year programs, proms, after prom parties, sports banquets, 4h banquets.  It is ridiculous in a way.  Most of my friends are in the thick of raising teens.  Only my best friend is also an empty nester, though she has a grandbaby that keeps her pretty busy sometimes. 

Edited by TexasProud