Menu

Laser Treatment for Rosacea

Has anyone had laser treatment for Rosacea?  Could you please share whether or not it helped, how many treatments, and the cost (I know this is dependent on location)

My local dermatologist no longer offers this so I will have to drive about 2 hours.  I was also wondering how red/irritated I would be after.  Basically I wanna know if I can shop afterwards!

I haven't had it done, but my dermatologist said it would probably take 2 treatments at $500 a pop. And if you are not careful with sunscreen it will come back. Like if you forget to put it on during a vacation and get a burn, it will be all undone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, knitgrl said:

I haven't had it done, but my dermatologist said it would probably take 2 treatments at $500 a pop. And if you are not careful with sunscreen it will come back. Like if you forget to put it on during a vacation and get a burn, it will be all undone.

Good to know!  I am pretty diligent about sunscreen but I do forget sometimes.  At this point I would be willing to spend $1000 if I knew it would last for years.  Not sure if I can afford it every year for the rest of my life.  

• Like 1

I have! I did it last fall (winter?) when I knew I’d be staying out of the sun.

I’ve only had 1 treatment, and wanted to do a second but oops. I’ll be waiting until fall because of how much we’re in the sun.

My derm had a special package for $150/session, cheeks and nose. I don’t know what the regular cost or full face was.

IT. HURT.  
I have some small tattoos and, imo, it was almost like that. I was questioning my decision as I drove home all stingy. Lots of redness and some swelling, especially around my eyes, for quite a few days. 

After that, my reddest areas were significantly lightened, and my lighter reds were basically gone.

I found it more than worth it, but definitely not fun! Looking forward to AFTER next time.

I got it a few years ago. $300 and it hurt with some swelling and redness afterwards. I think you'll feel fine to go shopping afterwards, but you'll look bad. My dermatologist told me it often takes several treatments and he starts with lower settings on the laser first. It helped a little, but not as much as I was hoping. I'm going to try again and tell him to bump it up.