Menu

iPhone game recommendations

skimomma

I spend time most days waiting around for various things.  I typically have my library book on me to kill time while waiting.  But sometimes those waiting times are in short spurts of 5-10 minutes.  During those times I play Sudoku on my phone.  The app I have has really annoying ads and frankly, I'm getting sick of Sudoku.  So, yesterday, I tried one of the other games that are advertised called Wordscape.  I enjoy it quite a bit but again the ads are super annoying and kill my phone battery.  I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for my preferred games to get rid of the ads but have no idea where to start.  I am looking for game recommendations that meet the following:

1. Easy to be interrupted and restarted

2. Ad free

3. Not time-based (like tetris where things get more frantic over time)

4. Puzzle/logic type....similar to Sudoku, Wordle, and Wordscape

Best Fiends. It's free, ads are optional if you want more resources. It's a connect 3 type.

Whirly Word. Ad free, I've been playing it for ages. I think there was a small initial cost.

Word cookies. I think there's a small fee to get rid of the ads.

• Like 1

Not a game, exactly, but I enjoy the same types of games you list occasionally, so maybe we are similar enough that this might work for you, too: Duolingo. Pick a language or two and go. 

• Like 2

If you turn off Wi-Fi and have it set to not use data, you can play ad free for a while. Then, you can turn Wi-Fi on and off and play some more, lol!

I like Woodoku. Loved Wordscapes until it gave me too many words that are not words (or are slang in another English dialect), and my dictionary didn’t work to even find out what they meant.

Number Match is fun, but it stops adapting at some point, and you just get stuck. It takes time to get there though.

• Like 1

I like playing 2248 - it's a number puzzle game that you can play for a few seconds or a few minutes (or longer). No ads. I have no idea why it's rated 17+, it's literally just numbers and letters on the screen. image.thumb.png.31d386657fa8c7cdf275a64f76233791.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kbutton said:

If you turn off Wi-Fi and have it set to not use data, you can play ad free for a while. Then, you can turn Wi-Fi on and off and play some more, lol!

I like Woodoku. Loved Wordscapes until it gave me too many words that are not words (or are slang in another English dialect), and my dictionary didn’t work to even find out what they meant.

Number Match is fun, but it stops adapting at some point, and you just get stuck. It takes time to get there though.

Good tip!  And yes, I am already at the these-are-not-real-words part of the Wordscapes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KatieJ said:

Have you thought about getting g audible books from the library and packing a set of Bluetooth earbuds in your purse? 

I do listen to podcasts and music sometimes.  But the waiting I'm talking about can be 3 minutes.....not long enough to get into a storyline.  Normal people can just sit tight for that amount of time, but I am usually waiting on people who are not respecting my time so being distracted is helpful (for them).  And often I think I will be waiting for 3 minutes and it turns into 15 minutes.  

• Like 1