Menu

never mind - all set!

Kassia

Any recommendations on an eyelash curler? Or just not use one?

I rarely wear make up, but one of my sons is getting married soon and I was thinking an eyelash curler might be nice. I have no idea what to get. I don't want to spend a lot on one since I don't expect to be using it regularly. Anyone have an inexpensive one they like?

I prefer it comes from Amazon, otherwise Walmart or Target next since i'll order online.  I found one at Walmart that looks good, but it's out of stock there and at Amazon.  

UPDATE - not getting the curler and will try primer and maybe some different mascaras to see what I like best.  🙂

Edited by Kassia

My eyes are too deep set for an eyelash curler. If I curl my lashes they’ll touch just under my eyebrows. I get more dramatic lashes from using a mascara primer. It’s not as over the top or troublesome as false lashes, but it is a noticeable difference without having to learn a new skill. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

My eyes are too deep set for an eyelash curler. If I curl my lashes they’ll touch just under my eyebrows. I get more dramatic lashes from using a mascara primer. It’s not as over the top or troublesome as false lashes, but it is a noticeable difference without having to learn a new skill. 

Do you have a primer you could recommend?  Not having to learn a new skill is appealing!  🙂

Curling does nothing for me either. Fwiw, one year I trialed 15 different mascaras (samplers and other full sized). I took photos each time so I could get true comparisons. Honest Beauty has a mascara that comes with a primer, but CoverGirl lash blast ($10) did a better job. Do two coats with a few minutes separating them. Fwiw, that tube does have a primer (sold separately). Play around and see if it makes a difference for you. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Curling does nothing for me either. Fwiw, one year I trialed 15 different mascaras (samplers and other full sized). I took photos each time so I could get true comparisons. Honest Beauty has a mascara that comes with a primer, but CoverGirl lash blast ($10) did a better job. Do two coats with a few minutes separating them. Fwiw, that tube does have a primer (sold separately). Play around and see if it makes a difference for you. 

thank you!  I'd prefer not to curl anyway.  Will definitely play around before the wedding and see primer vs. different mascaras.  

ETA - thanks for the tip to wait a few minutes between coats.  I didn't know that. 

Edited by Kassia

• Kassia changed the title to never mind - all set!
7 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

I generally wander the make up aisles and grab the first one I see. 😬 My current brand is L’Oréal.  It looks like a tube of white mascara. I’ve never bought one that didn’t work. 

I'm going to try the L'Oreal.  Thanks!  🙂  

12 hours ago, Kassia said:

I'm going to try the L'Oreal.  Thanks!  🙂  

I hope it works for you. In the past I’ve purchased whatever brand has the primer on the other end of the mascara; so one tube. It’s hard to find that in anything but black and I really need to wear a brown mascara for everyday makeup or it looks glaringly fake. It’s a look, and not a bad one, but black eyelashes do not pass for natural on me. 

• Thanks 1