Menu

We've finished 100 easy lessons!!!

5Youngs

WHOOO HOOOO!

:party:

Just had to get that out for all to hear.

Started it in May and reread the lessons until he mastered it.

He turned 5 on July 29.

We went out for pizza to celebrate.

I've decided to use ETC and the McGuffey set as our next curriculums.

I 'officially' have three readers~

Congratulations!!! My DS is on lesson 45 and he's loving it. Can't wait till it's my turn to announce we're done. DS is already reading labels all on his own- we've never mentioned these name brands to him before so it's surprised us every time he reads a new one. It's so cute that he's asking for "Mott's" now instead of saying applesauce. :001_smile:

Julie

Great job!

Not to hijack your thread, but dd is in the same boat here. We just finished before Christmas. What a long haul! We had a little party with special pineapple coolers when she finished. Then a night or two ago, she offered to read *me* her bedtime book. :001_smile:

Erica in OR

Gotta love that!

My little guy wanted to buy a new 'harder' book to read at B&N today.

I was ready to buy the entire store for him~

Congratulations! I can't remember exactly which lesson we are on (the book is downstairs and I'm lazy, LOL) but it's around 69. We're doing ETC 2 at the same time. I'm getting a bit anxious because after 100 EZ Lessons, what do you give them? Another reading curriculum, or real books? What a momentous step, either way....

MitchellMum i guess it depends on the child and how well they are actually reading at the end of 100EZ. For us we have been doing ETC and Websters along with 100EZ. I don't think we will need anything formal after 100EZ because DD is already reading real books.

If on the otherhand your DC is struggling or still reliant on the way 100EZ is set out you may need to look at another reading program but skip over the basics. I have in the back of my mind OPGTR after 100EZ if we start having problems or for my other DC if they don't do aswell as DD.

My DD#1, 5-1/2, just crashed and burned with this book about a month ago when it switched over to plain tex around lesson 75ish. Did anyone else have trouble at this point?? We've taken a break from the book and are reading Bob books and other similar books to review and practice reading. Hoping to get back to it in 2-3 weeks or so. Would love to hear if any of you finished or nearly-finished people had any trouble at this point. Before that, she liked it pretty well!

Sounds like she is relying heavily on the visual cues as to what sound the letters make. You might just need to work at it after your break. Maybe a few rules like the silent e makes the vowel say its name might help her. I am having my DD do other reading outside of 100EZ so we are working without the cues regularly.