Menu

So this hapoened

Scarlett

In 2019 I helped a previously unknown cousin identify her birth father. He turned out to be the first cousin of my father. That cousin Vickie had been adopted at birth and suffered horribly at the hands of her adopted family. 

In the fall of 2021 Vicki humbled herself and asked my help in finding her oldest daughter’s birth father.  She said she was very promiscuous and had no memory of who it might be.  I found him. It is beyond amazing. Vickie’s daughter K has 5 half siblings. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scarlett said:

In 2019 I helped a previously unknown cousin identify her birth father. He turned out to be the first cousin of my father. That cousin Vickie had been adopted at birth and suffered horribly at the hands of her adopted family. 

In the fall of 2021 Vicki humbled herself and asked my help in finding her oldest daughter’s birth father.  She said she was very promiscuous and had no memory of who it might be.  I found him. It is beyond amazing. Vickie’s daughter K has 5 half siblings. 

Wonderful.   

I just told my cousin about a half sibling she has that was given up for adoption and she wants to find her.    (backstory, my dad's dementia had him sharing some family secrets and one of them was my aunt went to live with my mom and dad several states away from where she was from.   She had a baby up there and gave it up for adoption and never told anyone but her sisters about it.   Dad told me right before he died.    The "child" is now almost 60.   We hope to find her.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DawnM said:

Wonderful.   

I just told my cousin about a half sibling she has that was given up for adoption and she wants to find her.    (backstory, my dad's dementia had him sharing some family secrets and one of them was my aunt went to live with my mom and dad several states away from where she was from.   She had a baby up there and gave it up for adoption and never told anyone but her sisters about it.   Dad told me right before he died.    The "child" is now almost 60.   We hope to find her.)

I hope she finds her sibling.  Has she done a dna test?

• Like 1

After 2 years of working on I knew K’s birth father was one of 3 brothers.  K’s birth father would not do a dna test.  One of his brothers did a private paternity test and he was ruled out.  One of the birth father’s known daughters was willing to do an ancestry test. I told  K whatever that test came back as we would have our answers because she would either be a half sister or cousin.  

She is a half sister!  All 5 of the siblings are thrilled with having another sister and can’t wait to meet her.  The dad is still in shock and claiming he doesn’t trust the test. 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Vicki humbled herself and asked my help in finding her oldest daughter’s birth father.  She said she was very promiscuous and had no memory of who it might be.

Why would she need to *humble* herself?

I find that word usage bizarre and yet it doesn’t surprise me given your obsession with this issue

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pinball said:

Why would she need to *humble* herself?

I find that word usage bizarre and yet it doesn’t surprise me given your obsession with this issue

It was her words. She said I am swallowing my pride and discussing all of this because I need help. She was deeply ashamed of herself . 

I don’t know what issue you think I am obsessed with. If it is genealogy you are correct.  

I think you are obsessed with me. 😵‍💫👀

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

It was her words. She said I am swallowing my pride and discussing all of this because I need help. She was deeply ashamed of herself . 

I don’t know what issue you think I am obsessed with. If it is genealogy you are correct.  

I think you are obsessed with me. 😵‍💫👀

That’s funny…you wrote: “she said I am swallowing my pride…”

That’s not the same words as “She humbled herself”

Genealogy, LOL

3 hours ago, DawnM said:

She said she will.   Her brother has, so I would assume it would show up on his.

Yes it would. Also I just heard of a site where adoptees and birth families can sign up to find each other.  I can’t  recall the name.  

• Like 1