Menu

Which selections from Living Memory are your kids starting?

Or are you waiting?

I stuck the following in our binder immediately.

Latin: Counting from One to Ten

Greek: The Greek Alphabet Song

In math, the kids are already working on their facts.

Grammar and Composition: The bigger kid will start working on the catechism.

Literature: The Signs of the Zodiac.

Some time this weekend I need to go into LCC2 and find the memory work suggestions that correlate to what we're studying.

I made my binder yesterday, using your wonderful pages. Thanks. :D We are going to start simple as we ease back into the new year. We are going to start with "30 days hath September..." as I have never taught him that. oops. After that we will start on some of the history pages.

It's a wonderful resource, I'm glad I received it while we are on break.

I have the memory book and the LCC book, but not the 2nd edition. Is it that different? Will the memory book be even more useable with it?

I'm honestly not sure, Carrie. I hope someone else answers your question. I seem to remember Plaid Dad saying that it would usable for followers of each edition. I referenced it in my post because we're doing most of our subjects from LCC2 this year.

I'm setting up their notebooks today.

I think we're going to use these for my 4th grader:

mutliplication facts

the five declensions

a grammar rhyme

the beatitudes

preamble to the constitution

the planets

My little guy is working on the abc's, happy thought, and numbers 1-20

I'm not sure what I'll use with my 7th grader yet- I'm working on it.

Are the notebooks everyone is mentioning explained in Living Memory? I'm planning to buy Living Memory as soon as dh gives the "okay" (which may not be for another couple months!), and will add selections to the poetry the kids are already memorizing from Andrew Pudewa's Poetry Memorization, so a notebook system to keep us organized would be helpful!

Oh, my! Where to begin?

Latin: I'm starting with A Father is Pater and the counting

Greek: the alphabet song

Math: We'll just review fact families and math symbols to make sure is all up to snuff and then work on properties, order of operations, and measurements the rest of the school year, probably.

Grammar: We'll work on the grammar rhyme first and then move into the catechism. We'll also add the spelling list to our words to study for the rest of this year.

Literary Facts: I'm starting at the beginning. We're doing ancients this year, so all of them would be appropriate!

I'd like to start working through the first set of proverbs.

I'd like to review some of the younger teaching rhymes and then start to memorize Four Seasons of the Year.

Scripture: We'll start with Proverbs 19:20....

We'll review the Lord's Prayer, then work on the short Byzantine prayer for meals and God Be in My Head, before beginning the Apostles' Creed.

Geography: We'll review cardinal directions, continents, and oceans, then we'll begin working on U.S. regions, major rivers, mountain ranges, and great lakes.

History: Early periods, Egyptian periods, and seven sages of Greece.

U.S. history: We'll review first president, elected officials, state symbols and pledge, before moving on to memorizing the 13 colonies. He'll also begin work on the song of his choosing.

Life science: We're already doing characteristics of living things, taxonomy levels, seven kingdoms (changing to more than that). We'll be working on the rest, as well, by the end of this school year!

Wow, we'll be busy! Thanks, Drew!