Menu

Toaster/bagels

mmasc

Does anyone have a toaster (not toaster oven!) that actually toasts bagels correctly? I had one for years that did them right, but my most recent one does not. It *has* the bagel function, but I can’t tell that it makes a bit of difference using it. The bagels end up toasted on both sides, instead of one side staying softer. Any recs/links for me?? Thanks!

I hesitate to post because I'm definitely not a bagel connoisseur, but we're quite happy with the toaster we have. 

We place the bagels in the slots with the insides facing each other and push the "bagel" button.  They get toasted (to whatever level we choose using the dial) while the outsides, facing the sides of the toaster, simply get nice and hot. Is that what you're looking for?

It's a Black & Decker. Amazon has them, but they are cheaper at WalMart. I will say that the photo on Amazon is exactly the same one we have with the words printed above the buttons, whereas the one on WatMart's site just has icons, so it might be a newer model? Ours is about five years old and we paid $19.96 at Walmart, so I feel the one on Amazon is on the pricey side. I would not hesitate to buy the one from Walmart if our current one goes, so I hope it's the same and they only messed with the icons/words part.

Amazon link  $31.01 :

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-2-Slice-Toaster-TR1278RM/dp/B00CHJDJJQ/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1IXSA480WCCNU&keywords=black%2Band%2Bdecker%2Btoaster&qid=1706233142&sprefix=black%2Band%2Bdecker%2Btoaster%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-10&th=1

Walmart link  $19.96:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACK-DECKER-2-Slice-Extra-Wide-Slot-Toaster-Black-Silver-TR1278B/20564667?athbdg=L1200&from=/search

• Thanks 1