Menu

Saturday Tacklers Dec. 30, 2023

math teacher

Had insomnia last night-was still awake at 5 this morning. At least I am off school right now. The plan for today:

more coffee-done

laundry-done

finish the flashcards I made yesterday-done

try to log into our data system to record some test scores-done

make the bed-done

read-done

Bible and prayer

write the church check-done

clean out the freezer from mother in law's house after it warms up-did what I could reach at the time

search you tube for an exercise routine I can do-I'm looking for more of core training, balance, and stretching because my foot is still not back to normal-anyone have one you like?

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

I slept late and am feeling loungey. It’s gray outside, blah.

I’ll putter about at home for a bit,  then head out for a few errands.

Meal planning ✔️ 
Grocery ✔️ 
Drop library books ✔️ 
Oil change! ✔️ 
Get gas  ✔️ 

Call mom
Give the dog his meds ✔️ 
Clean a bathroom ✔️ 
Fill birdfeeders ✔️ 
Work on the jigsaw puzzle 
Read!

Dinner is? Something with spinach because I got lots in my box yesterday. Could be just sautéed spinach as a side. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

@math teacher So sorry for the insomnia!! Does that happen to you often?

@mom31257 Sorry you are sick! I hope you are feeling better soon! 

More often than I like, but I'm usually not awake for hours. I'm off my normal schedule and didn't take my medication (which includes melatonin) until sometime during the night. I'm trying to stay awake today, and just go to bed early tonight.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, mom31257 said:

@math teacher, I like this channel. https://www.youtube.com/@yes2next

I woke up without a fever, but now my throat and ears are sore. I'm looking at urgent care clinics because I might need an antibiotic. 

If not, can you do telehealth?   You can't self diagnose strep throat but can self or with helper diagnose bacterial v virus.   If mucus is clear or white, it is virus and unless flu or Covid, no medications except maybe prescription cough med or if your state requires script for generic sudafed. ( I don’t know if they removed the bogus garbage they put on the shelves when they put Sudafed behind the counter but this fall, the FDA came out and admitted it it is garbage).   Yellow/Green mean bacterial sinusitis; grey/brown is more common w pneumonia or just a more serious bronchitis.  Weird red color mucus is what I had when I had Klebsiella pneumonia- which Dr. diagnosed as pneumonia but through internet research, figured that out. Klebsiella is usually only in homeless, alcoholics,or institutionalized and I didn't fit any of those categories.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Tests were negative, and my ears are not red. She did give me a Z-pack because I have some swollen lymph nodes, and it might be a sinus infection. 

Overall, I feel much better today than the last two days. 

I need to pay bills and update the checking records. Dh and I should probably sit down and take a look at our finances. I always take care of it, and he has no idea what is what. I have a notebook with a list of all the accounts and bills as well as passwords and other important information, but that's just in case something happens to me.

• Like 5

Today is spending up and down day. Yesterday evening I developed bad mouth sores and I didn't know why since I didn't think I ate anything particularly acidic. I used magic mouthwash a few times yesterday night and once this morning. Then this afternoon I ate a girardelli chocolate and it made very bad again.  Going to text doctor if  an use morw times a day. 

Otherwise today is watching bowl games, Financial work, and taking care of myself and my husband. I did have a nice chat with daughter-in-law and she helped me with some medical info she had. I hope to talk to youngest daughter too. Finally I have to figure out clothing and shoes that will fit for a New Year's Eve party tomorrow Outdoors. They do have a smokeless fire pit but I can't wear socks so I think I need to make sure I have pantyhose. My legs are in really bad shape and so are my legs which is why I can't wear socks even most diabetic socks because most of them are still not wide enough for my swollen legs.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Dinner was good! IMG_1757.thumb.jpeg.abd8615a4e8e345420c4258e6785d4b8.jpegThis is Dh’s plate. Mine and Dd’s were smaller, but not so pretty. I used Penzey’s Turkish seasoning blend on the pork chops. Our CSA farmer’s fermented chow-chow was a good addition. We decided to do a blind taste test purple vs orange sweet potatoes next week. The purple ones add a lot of visual interest, but I think the taste is regular. 

Thus concludes the foodie post for today! 🤣😉😎

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Tonight: jigsaw puzzle, reading, maybe watching a little Downton Abbey. 

I need to finish packing.

Headed to NC immediately after church tomorrow. Or maybe skipping church to get on the road earlier? No early service this week. I hate missing worship, but really would like to be over the mountains and settled into my hotel room well before dark. 

• Like 2