Menu

Tackling Monday Together! 10.30.23

ScoutTN

Hi all,

Boy is at school, laundry is working, I have coffee and b’fast. Wet and drizzly here. Supposed to get below freezing tonight. 

To Do:
Budget/bills ✔️ 
Tutor 1 student ✔️ 
Make lists!
Put salmon in marinade ✔️ 
Laundry
Remind Dh to pick up Ds
Tutor 2 students 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Temperature is dropping quickly here. Blech! I aired out Ds’ room, despite the chilly day. Cleats are stinky! 

Black beans and rice are cooking. (Snack for Ds) I broiled the salmon with cajun seasoning bc I’m out of several marinade ingredients. Making my lunch now and then roasting potatoes.

Next up:
laundry! 

• Like 3

Doing electronic chores.

A student cancelled, so no driving across town in the cold and wet. I still get paid. 🙂

I will pick up Ds after school, since I can. 

Gave the dog his medicine and washed his crate blanket and bed cover.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

My across the street neighbor is having several trees taken down today. Big crane truck, a bobcat, and a chipper truck. Incessant chainsaw noise. 😕

Making hot tea. Got chilled and damp just taking out trash and checking the mail. I need to start dressing for winter, not mid-fall. 

@mommyoffive I’m ready to migrate to south FL or someplace similarly warm and sunny for the winter whenever you are! 

• Like 1

I love fall, too! It was 80 yesterday, so I was disappointed. When I drove over to the gardens on Friday, the leaves really seemed at their peak. It was a gorgeous drive and day. 

I never had time to get on this morning and was going to this afternoon, but I actually fell asleep and took a good nap. 

Dh is working tonight, and I feel bad for him because he wasn't able to sleep much last night. 

I ate tuna salad for dinner, and I'm working on food for some of dh's lunches this week. 

I've been doing a lot of precalculus prep, and I'm definitely charging them extra this week. 

• Like 2

Tutored one kid.
Ate dinner, tidied the kitchen, and started the dishwasher.

Did bunches of electronic chores including logging tutoring sessions and calendar changes, updating Amazon wish lists, ordering dog food, and sending emails about Christmas and birthday gifts. 

Contemplating making something pumpkin. Pie? Custard?  

• Like 1

Custard is baking.

Started more laundry. Success washing Ds’ football gloves, which stunk from being packed with his cleats. The enzymatic cleaner I use for the dog’s bedding worked well. 

Got out my ugg knock-offs bc it will be cold tomorrow morning. Love stomp-into warm boots! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Dh woke me up leaving for work.

It is COLD here.  Windchills in the teens.  Last week on Tuesday it was a high of 80.  Tomorrow it is going to snow 2 inches and windchills in the teens.  Did I say that I hate the cold?

We have gotten about 1.5 inches tonight and it’s still snowing.