Menu

Logic Puzzles/Prep for the Younger Set

Green Bean

I'm looking for something fun and light for Little Man (6 yrs and 10 mo) to do while is older siblings are working through their stuff (Reasoning and Reading).

I've looked at:

EPS Bks Primary Analogies series

Lollipop Logic- 2 editions are out. What the difference?

Other ideas along these veins that would slide nicely into R&R in a couple years?

Edited by Green Bean

• Green Bean changed the title to Logic Puzzles/Prep for the Younger Set

I'm not familiar with Reasoning and Reading

Chess then Chess Puzzles
Eye Spy Books
Spot the Difference Books
Jigsaw Puzzles
Mazes
3D Puzzles
Lego Bricks + a book of building ideas suitable to the bricks that he has

• Like 1

IIRC, Lollipop Logic was a single book when my kids were little. But then they redid it to have multiple books with different levels that looked a lot better. They started coming out when my kids were just a smidge too old, I think. So I think you want the more recent? 

The other things from Prufrock Press were things we enjoyed more than Critical Thinking Company. But Prufrock was bought out so I'm not totally sure what they have now. We liked the Logic Safari books. All grid puzzles, but geared toward kids.

We also liked Tin Man Press. Several of their things were really good.

• Like 2

We also liked the Prufrock Press books. We used Logic Safari and the space themed books (in middle school). Also Perplexors in middle school.

We did also use Reasoning and Reading. There is a beginning Reasoning and Reading book--I can't remember the age level though? I remember there were three levels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farrar said:

The other things from Prufrock Press were things we enjoyed more than Critical Thinking Company

1 hour ago, cintinative said:

We also liked the Prufrock Press books

Which of their books, specifically? They seem to carry a lot of books aimed at teachers rather than students

Edited by Malam
  • Like 1