Menu

House updates

DawnM

48 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Does your realtor work for a company, or have a partner? Could you ask her to reach out to a more experienced agent in her company or just one of the ones that have shown the property or a mentor to ask them to see the property and give any suggestions? I know you said she is new, and since your property is quirky in a few ways perhaps a more experienced realtor would have some suggestions on easy/quick ways to improve the listing or something? 

Like, making it a 2 car garage with storage instead of listed as a 3 car garage, so that people that need storage come look, instead of people that NEED space for 3 cars? Or wording the lay out differently? It seems like it is an amazing property, but for whatever reason the listing is not reaching the right buyers. 

I know it can be touchy to deal with realtors, but I would hope that if you approached it as "I know our house turned out to be tricky, and we have full faith in you, but we were wondering if you could reach out to someone with more years of experience, someone that might have seen quirky properties like ours, and ask if they have some suggestions?"  maybe it woudl be okay? I don't know if there is a way to pay for a second opinion even, or what, but it seems like you need more experienced advice at this point. 

Also, are you posting on your social media with your own description, and a link to the listing? And asking EVERYONE you know to do the same? That can help - I see it done all the time - people sharing that their friend/relative has a house for sale, and then adding their own "it's such a great property" seal of approval.  

She has been working with some more experienced realtors.   They say she has done everything correctly and they are stumped too because our house is nice, it is in a highly desirable neighborhood, the best schools in the area, etc.....

No, I am not posting my personal home on social media.  I have a large number of reasons why that I won't get into right now.

• Like 1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, DawnM said:

She has been working with some more experienced realtors.   They say she has done everything correctly and they are stumped too because our house is nice, it is in a highly desirable neighborhood, the best schools in the area, etc.....

No, I am not posting my personal home on social media.  I have a large number of reasons why that I won't get into right now.

gotcha. And I can understand how especially if you might not even move, you wouldn't want it on social media. Plus you have some other reasons I just remembered, and now I REALLy get it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1