Menu

Korean or Japanese digital perm or root perm

crazyforlatin

Has anyone gotten a digital perm and more specifically a root perm? Dd has curtain bangs but doesn’t want to put a roller every morning. Her hair is fine so someone suggested a root perm. Plus she tried putting a roller, but it didn’t work like shown on Instagram. It’s more limp in the front than anywhere else.

I’m not sure she’s ready for a digital perm yet though if it lasts only for about 6 months and includes the root and seems to be the same price, might as well try it.

Is 17 yo too young to be getting perms? Actually when I was 16 yo I got one and really regretted it since I have course hair and had a lot of hair when I was a teen.

I have no idea about digital perm or root perm. However 17 isn’t too young for perming. You do have to look for someone who is experienced with fine hair because coarse hair is easier to perm. An instant noodle style of perm may not last three months.  You would also need to look for a good hair conditioner for permed hair. My mom was the only one with fine hair and her hair is naturally wavy. It looks different from the rest of us with coarse wavy/curly hair. 

• Like 1