Menu

Mercari, Poshmark, or eBay for selling?

popmom

We are DIYing most of dd's upcoming (micro) wedding. I am buying as much as I possibly can secondhand--including the Azazie dresses that the sisters are wearing and my dress. I am also buying a bunch of vintage glassware and stuff. I have bought 3 dresses just for me so far. Third time was the charm, so I'm planning to resell the other two dresses.

I have used FB marketplace, Etsy, eBay, Poshmark, and Mercari for buying. After the wedding, I'll have all this decor and the bridesmaid dresses to sell. I used to sell a good bit on eBay, but the fees kept going up. 

Which one should I go with? I'm leaning toward Mercari. Some things I could sell locally on Marketplace. 

• Like 1

I like fb marketplace because I can avoid shipping if I find a local buyer. Other local outlets are the Nextdoor app and Craigslist.

But I’ve not sold garments locally, and I am a bit apprehensive about what to do if people want to try on an item before purchasing. So maybe marketing to a larger group and shipping is better for clothing? I’ve honestly let that dilemma result in a closet staying full of sparkly dresses that should have been dispatched long ago! I do have a couple of collectible vintage garments and have joined a fb group for buying/selling vintage wearables, but haven’t posted anything yet. 

Like you, I have a closet full of nice name brand formal and semi-formal dresses from weddings and proms, as well as reception decor items.  I need to sell now, so I am all ears for replies here! 

• Like 1