Menu

Requesting assistance with handwritten Hebrew...

Kareni

I've got nothing, as that doesn't look anything like the ancient Hebrew of my studies. However, if you want to check your guess, I did look up that name 'in Hebrew' on google and got some good image results. You could cross-reference.

I can't see why the author's name should be 5 sets of letters though. Even with hyphenation, that's a lot for any author's name. Unless the author and title are reversed? I'm pretty curious!

(Edited to add that, Yes, the writing on the 'title' line has a reasonable resemblance to the correct author for your guess. So I think the author and title are definitely reversed.)

(Okay, now I'm almost sure you are right. I'm just working on the leftmost 3 groups of letters on the author line. They should be which volume of the series, but I'm not seeing a ton of resemblance.)

(Yes, it's Order of the Phoenix. Attaching link. https://gefenpublishing.com/product.asp?productid=119)

Edited by bolt.
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Kareni said:

17 hours ago, Kareni said:

If you are able to translate the following handwritten Hebrew (I believe), I would appreciate it.

IMG_1243.thumb.jpg.f8e6d827ff7d7a809d6f51ffecfe7c05.jpg

Hiding this in case you care to start with no preconceptions, I think it may be (highlight to read) SPOILER ALERT**a Harry Potter title***END SPOILER.

Regards,

Kareni

It's Harry Potter. Some title (can you tell I haven't read it?) Jk Rowling. Let me Google the titles of the series and get the rest for you. Be back in a minute! 

Edited by YaelAldrich
Cleared up where I posted this
  • Thanks 1