Menu

Ideas for 25th anniv in Montreal this summer?

Acadie

Would love suggestions for anything—places to stay, things to do, great food. We won’t settle on dates until dd16s summer takes shape, but might try to avoid the big festivals for this first trip. 

We both love walking, biking, history, art and local food. Between us we have French Canadian and Irish ancestry from the area, so heritage stuff would be great. Dreaming and planning a trip like this is pure fun for me! 

There are tons of great restaurants in Montreal - and all different kinds of international cuisine. The favourite for my dh and I is Montreal Smoked Meat at Schwartz's Deli. Old Montreal is really nice. There are bikes you can rent by the hour, and some dedicated biking lanes, so this can be a nice way to get around. 

I'm not sure you'd necessarily want to avoid festivals, as Montreal has some great ones that may add a lot to your visit (e.g., Jazz festival, Just for Laughs). From my limited experience, the festival activity tends to be in certain areas of the city, so you can check out the festival action for a bit, then go about your "regular visit."

Enjoy your trip!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Starr said:

You will have a great time whatever you decide to do. I've enjoyed a few day trips but don't remember names of restaurants to suggest.

Yay, thank you! Really needed something to look forward to, and Montreal feels just right for now. 

Maybe Italy or Greece for our 30th...

• Like 1