Menu

Menopause and Fatigue

scbusf

2 years ago (when I was 48), I started having serious fatigue - as in I have to take a nap pretty much every day. It's seriously inconvenient. My Primary Care doctor has ruled out - sleep apnea, depression, anemia, autoimmune issues. I am Hypothyroid, but I take Armour and that has been fairly stable for a while, although I know that can be complicated. I do need to eat better, exercise, and drink more water, which I am working on.

But what else can I do? My GYN upped my estrogen replacement and that got rid of the hot flashes. The fatigue is seriously affecting my life and I'm so over it. Ideas? Supplements? Something else to look for?

1 minute ago, scbusf said:

I'll add that to my list of things to research!

Eat perfectly for two days and if you feel like death warmed up, woozy, headachey, like your IQ has melted into your shoes and get all graspy about food even though you're eating a proper amount, it's probably that. Last time I was trying to cure a flare up, I developed a crazy need to eat chilli sambal with everything. A few days later I realised that's because it was the only thing I was eating that had any sugar in it and those nasty little candidas wanted to LIVE! So I stopped the sambal and grimly endured their death throes, the toxic little buggers.