Menu

Thanks

Indigo Blue

As a new young mom, I would have stayed.  I wouldn't have said anything, I would have acted more reserved and quiet than I probably would have if it hadn't happened, but otherwise would not have acted any differently.     Thanks to stuff from my childhood/growing up years, avoidance was definitely my preferred method of dealing with conflict.    I still find myself falling into those habits now at 53 years old, but can usually take more appropriate steps these days.  

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 9:59 AM, lauraw4321 said:

At 25 I would have stayed. I would have apologized, ducked my head, tried to keep the peace. 

At 42 it would be different. But I wouldn’t judge my 25 year old self for not having the strength, wisdom and perspective of a 42 year old. 

Yes, this.

And at 42 it would have been, no matter what I am out of here, whatever it takes, right now.  To the death.

And now at 65 I would just be rolling my eyes, not apologizing, just kind of retreating but not feeling bad.  In a ‘consider the source’ kind of way—knowing that it’s not me, it’s her, and rising above it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1