Menu

Biology Spine : 4th-8th

Red Dove

I am looking for a book or even just a list that I can use as a Biology spine for my upcoming 4th, 6th, and 8th graders.  I will use mostly living books to supplement, but I want a guideline to follow.  In other words, instead of just reading a hodgepodge of biology topics, I would like a spine to follow so I don’t miss key topics.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

If you're a creationist there is Christian Kids Explore Biology and Biology 101. Biology 101 calls itself a high school course but reviews say middle school.

If you just want to do a booklist I would download the table of contents from a big name publisher and use it as a checklist, not bothering with the time or money for a curriculum.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Slache said:

If you're a creationist there is Christian Kids Explore Biology and Biology 101. Biology 101 calls itself a high school course but reviews say middle school.

If you just want to do a booklist I would download the table of contents from a big name publisher and use it as a checklist, not bothering with the time or money for a curriculum.

Awesome ideas.  Thank you.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slache said:

I did not know this. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MasterBooks God's Design for Life is about $30 for the student text. I like the series as a jumping-off point for science for elementary and middle. Next year, we are using the Heaven and Earth text and bulking it with videos and other books. There are not a ton of experiments in God's Design, is that matters to you at all.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...