Menu

Fun last week activities

We are in our last week for the year and I am slogging through it! DH said, "Why don't you just be done today?".  There's really no curriculum things I'm trying to get done, just trying to make my state quota for days.  Anyone have a fun activity you do at the end of the year? We do some things at the beginning, but we're kind of going out with a "blah" here instead of a "bang".

Yep. Right there with you. 

We went to the thrift store today for school. We looked at all the paintings/pictures and tried to identify the style and/or period it might have been from. I won’t bore you with all my little scavenger hunts I use for thrift store school, but it’s definitely fun and everyone leaves with a little something. I left with a set of MUS blocks for $3 so I was thrilled. Ha! 

Tomorrow we will go the library and use a freebie scavenger hunt I found on google. 

Friday we are going strawberry picking. 

Next week I need to focus on the “administrative” things and make a summer to do list for myself. We might do school at the park or Panera one day just to get to a good stopping point on the book work. Last day of school is always a special breakfast and then swimming. I’m not sure why I always plan out a 180 day year, because we never do a full formal 180 day year. 🙃

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, AnneGG said:

Yep. Right there with you. 

We went to the thrift store today for school. We looked at all the paintings/pictures and tried to identify the style and/or period it might have been from. I won’t bore you with all my little scavenger hunts I use for thrift store school, but it’s definitely fun and everyone leaves with a little something. I left with a set of MUS blocks for $3 so I was thrilled. Ha! 

Tomorrow we will go the library and use a freebie scavenger hunt I found on google. 

Friday we are going strawberry picking. 

Next week I need to focus on the “administrative” things and make a summer to do list for myself. We might do school at the park or Panera one day just to get to a good stopping point on the book work. Last day of school is always a special breakfast and then swimming. I’m not sure why I always plan out a 180 day year, because we never do a full formal 180 day year. 🙃

We went to the library today. That was a fun change of pace. Maybe we'll do a special breakfast on Friday-kids would love that. Friday was supposed to be a zoo trip, but it will be raining so we postponed it. 2 more days to go!

• Like 1