Menu

Great eye cream for combating undereye circles, crepe-y skin?

Okay, seriously, I'm fine with turning a year older, this month, lol.

But I have noticed that the skin around my eyes is looking...old. ::Sigh::

Dark circles are a problem (I don't wear foundation, but I do use an Ecco Bella undereye concealer to camoflauge these), as well as some wrinkling in the creases to the side of my eyes...but now the skin is just thinner, and...crepe-y, for lack of a better word.

I don't want to look like I'm twenty again, but if there's something I could be using that would halt some of this (and dare I dream...reverse some of it), I'd love to hear about it! :001_smile:

So...who here is thrilled with their undereye cream, lol? I'd prefer something organic (right now I use Desert Essence pomegranate face serum on my face and around my eyes), or at least natural, but I'll listen to any success stories with an open mind.

TIA!

If you're willing to shell out a chunk of change, you might be pleased with a Dr. Hauschka product. I haven't used it, but it's a popular with older, European women I know ~ women who look great. It costs a pretty penny, but I've heard one tube/container lasts a good, long while.

this stuff is wonderful. I treated myself to a container of it when I turned 49 and I've been eking it out in tiny little amounts ever since. That was 6 months ago, so it has lasted quite a while.

I use this along with a product called Prime Target (also by Sue Devitt, although it's not on her website). The Prime Target costs $40, it comes in a tube and is used just around the eye area. It's very light, and meant for daytime use. I got that in 6 months ago as well So far, I like the results very much.

Edited by ELaurie

this stuff is wonderful. I treated myself to a container of it when I turned 49 and I've been eking it out in tiny little amounts ever since. That was 6 months ago, so it has lasted quite a while.

Laurie,

What has this product done for you?

I also have very (VERY) dark under-eye circles and I've not yet found a product that makes any difference at all. I've spent disgusting amounts of money over the years, and I'm just about to give up...

Well, now that I am almost (gasp!) 50, I discovered these little tiny wrinkly lines on the outside corners of my eyes. After using the cream, they disappeared.

I still have some crinkly, crepey areas under my eyes, some puffiness in the morning, and some dark circles, but I treated myself to a (free) make over with the Sue Devitt consultant at the local Ulta 3 store when I turned 49, and she said moisturizer is the key to solving all of those problems. She recommended using the Prime Target under a good concealer (I bought the Sue Devitt brand for that as well). The moisturizer helps the concealer go on smoothly, and keeps it very light. I use a sponge to blend it, and a light application of powder (when I get dressed up - for everyday I just wear the moisturizer).

You can find free samples of the Prime target at Ulta 3; you can also sample the complete line of products there,and you can return them if you don't like them (just keep your receipt).

HTH!

There aren't any creams that can reverse dark circles or lines. If there was one, you'd already know about it. Any moisturizer can minimize the appearance of these problems temporarily and certainly there are antioxidants that seem to slow the process but that's the most you can really hope for. I use a serum loaded with antioxidants and a moisturizer loaded with antioxidants and use them together. It doesn't have to be specifically for the eye area but sometimes those are creamier. They also cost more for no good reason.

I use this along with a product called Prime Target (also by Sue Devitt, although it's not on her website). The Prime Target costs $40, it comes in a tube and is used just around the eye area. It's very light, and meant for daytime use. I got that in 6 months ago as well So far, I like the results very much.

tried your link but got an server error message which of course I don't have a clue what that means....

could you send the address?

I've started using L'Oreal Age Perfect Eye, and it really does help with the lines. It's very moisturizing and concentrated, so it lasts a long time. I dab this on my under-eye area when I get out of the shower, and a few minutes later, I dot and gently pat on concealer. Don't rub the concealer in -- just sort of pat it over. I then use a mineral foundation.

The rest of my face is oily, though, so I cannot take heavy lotions on my face.