Menu

favorite World Geography

I am planning to do World Geography with my 9th Grader next year, but I am torn between several different curriculums. I'm sure no one has used more than one of these, but I'm looking for pros/ cons if you have used either of these:

Guest Hollow World Geography      OR           Notgrass World Geography

My daughter loved Guest Hollow! If you want a smorgasbord of ideas to choose from, with great literature and the option to count it for multiple credits, Guest Hollow is a great choice. My daughter especially liked the Geography Now videos that are scheduled. 

If you want a more textbook route, with a very Christian worldview, Notgrass is a great choice. Notgrass also includes other subjects like Bible, writing, and vocab, but in my opinion it needs more to count for credits in those areas. Guest Hollow easily could count for geography, cooking, a fine arts credit, etc.

• Like 2

Notgrass is much easier to implement and also has correlating literature options. Guest Hollow has much more variety. It really depends if you want the work of deciding which elements to use in Guest Hollow as there is not time to do it all. My DD enjoyed GH, but I went through the program ahead of time over the summer and made a new schedule that included exactly what I wanted her to do. It was a lot of work, but saved us time figuring it out during the year. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:05 AM, kristin0713 said:

Notgrass is much easier to implement and also has correlating literature options. Guest Hollow has much more variety. It really depends if you want the work of deciding which elements to use in Guest Hollow as there is not time to do it all. My DD enjoyed GH, but I went through the program ahead of time over the summer and made a new schedule that included exactly what I wanted her to do. It was a lot of work, but saved us time figuring it out during the year. 

I decided to go with Guest Hollow and do exactly what you said- go through and cut out what I think is too much or we won’t get to. It looks like a more fun option! 

• Like 2