Menu

Cyber stalking

Scarlett

43 minutes ago, TechWife said:

Yes, and al of these devices have batteries that are routinely charged or, in the case of air tags and the like, they have long life batteries. My tile battery lasts about two years. The presence of the trackers needs to be documented. She may not have proof he did it in hand now, but that doesn’t mean he won’t admit it when pressured or that proof won’t surface later. If the trackers are removed without documentation, then proof or admission may be irrelevant. She needs to deal with what is happening in a way that serves her best interests. I’m glad she is getting an attorney - the sooner the better. 

She can have proof he had the motive to have done it.  re: all those messages of him knowing what was going on etc. . . . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TechWife said:

Yes, and al of these devices have batteries that are routinely charged or, in the case of air tags and the like, they have long life batteries. My tile battery lasts about two years. The presence of the trackers needs to be documented. She may not have proof he did it in hand now, but that doesn’t mean he won’t admit it when pressured or that proof won’t surface later. If the trackers are removed without documentation, then proof or admission may be irrelevant. She needs to deal with what is happening in a way that serves her best interests. I’m glad she is getting an attorney - the sooner the better. 

He hasn't had access to her phone since the end of October.  He came for a visit then.  

And the conversation at my other SIL's house where all of us were talking about him and then he out of the blue begins texting dh and BIL.....he has not been in that house at all.  So it would have had to be something on her phone.  And I am not sure that a phone could transmit our voice conversation to him.  But I don't know how high tech some things work.  He is intelligent and he works in tec....

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

He hasn't had access to her phone since the end of October.  He came for a visit then.  

And the conversation at my other SIL's house where all of us were talking about him and then he out of the blue begins texting dh and BIL.....he has not been in that house at all.  So it would have had to be something on her phone.  And I am not sure that a phone could transmit our voice conversation to him.  But I don't know how high tech some things work.  He is intelligent and he works in tec....

It didn’t need to necessarily transmit the voices. If he knew that her phone was in the other SIL’s house he could make an educated guess that the other relatives are there too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It didn’t need to necessarily transmit the voices. If he knew that her phone was in the other SIL’s house he could make an educated guess that the other relatives are there too. 

Hopefully that is all it was.  dh and I live out of state and BIL lives in another city.....so it is not usual for us all to be together.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Dh thinks…and I don’t know……..that it would be near Impossible to have a devise transmitting to CA.  So maybe the texting when we were all talking smack about him was coincidence. 

SO I woudl say bugging someone's house may be unlikely. Although distance-wise may not be the deterent. The devices can just connect to the wireless internet and go anywhere from there. See how you can control your nest from you phone... OF course would ex go through all that trouble and or money to do so I don't know. 

Spying from her phone or computer is easier because all the tech is already on her phone/computer he would just need to install some nefarious software to make that happen. 

• Thanks 1