Menu

January Healthy Eating - Week 3

Soror

Thursday:

bone broth

doing a very slow upper arms workout.  Slow in the sense that I'm doing one exercise, doing some other household chores, doing the next exercise, some more chores etc.  I will get it done eventually. 

lunch - scrambled eggs with mushrooms, mixed greens, onions, a bit of cheddar cheese;  1 flaxseed muffin (no chocolate)

snack - apple with cream cheese

dinner - garlic herb chicken with zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, onions, mushrooms.  Shredded carrot salad.  Cucumbers.

hard boiled eggs

• Like 3

So, I continue to be on the upswing, even going to try exercise today.

I made a batch of mixed whole/sprouted grains and legumes for lunch- now to make something to go with them.

I also made a batch of homemade granola and pb cups.

still haven't made my menu

I have prunes for dessert now too as Laura's mention of them had me craving them.

b: granola w/ greek yogurt and berries

l: mixed whole grains/legumes + ??? some bean dish+ vegetables; homemade pb cup

s: prunes, nuts? 

d: baked cod I think... vegetables

• Like 2

Breakfast was greens and muesli/beans with kiwi, cherries, blackberries, blueberries, apple, walnuts, pistachios, walnut milk.

Lunch was leftovers from last night's nachos - refried beans, quinoa, sweet potato, bell pepper, corn, guacamole, salsa, cashew sour cream & queso. Also an orange.

For dinner, we're having salad, veggie wings (dh's favorite) and I'm trying a new recipe for creamy artichoke and spinach soup.

• Like 2

Friday:

long day away from home today. Driving 3 1/2 hours. Doing business for the nonprofit I am in charge of. Driving 3 1/2 hours back home. (Typing this while I wait for my food on the way home. )

bone broth 

lunch/. Eggs over medium, bacon, two pieces of gf toast with apple butter, just the crispy bits of the hash browns;  small hot chocolate. 

snack- half a bag of peanut m&ms then I threw it in the back so I couldn’t eat any more. 

dinner-  salad:  Organic mixed greens and baby spinach topped with grilled chicken, bacon, cherry tomatoes, bleu cheese, radishes, and hard boiled eggs  Raspberry vinaigrette.
Gf chocolate mousse for dessert

hard boiled eggs  

• Like 1