Menu

Ugh, I'm having a frustrating time with online companies this season!

FIRST COMPLAINT

Well, you know those marble runs I inquired about a few days ago? It seems there was a run on them (nice pun, huh?), and now I probably won't have any until sometime after Christmas. These were to be for our youngest son.

Now, what really annoys me is I ordered one from an external site on Amazon. I emailed and called several times to see if the item was indeed in stock since they were sold out everywhere else. No answering any of my contact methods. Days later, I received an email saying the order was cancelled. No personal contact or anything. I have the identical set on order from Rainbow Resource along with another backordered one, but Rainbow Resource won't ship it out until it waits 5 days on the backordered one to see if it becomes available (which I highly doubt it will).

The other run had been ordered from another external site who waited two days to tell me they were out of stock.

NEXT COMPLAINT

I ordered two lands of Oz maps from the International Wizard of Oz club for my other son who has been devouring L. Frank Baum's books. I wanted to frame them. I ordered them on December 2, and paid with paypal. A few days ago I began emailing them daily to see the status. They publish no phone # by which to call. Today, I filed a paypal dispute simply saying that I was seeking contact with the company/organization.

15 minutes later I receive an email from the company! She said the maps will go in the mail tomorrow. Days of emails and me frantically searching the internet for some other form of contact, and in 15 minutes when I yank the right cord, I get a response.

This is exactly what I have been doing for the last three hrs. I am sweating, thinking I am not going to get anything, and I finished my online shopping four days ago. There are three boxes I ordered after Thanksgiving and have not gotten them. Of course its BN. I cant stand that store for shipping.

I guess the trick is free shipping, but you will get it after Christmas, if you want it before pay extra.

I could scream. Now I have to go through all these boxes and figure out where everything is.

I feel like a chicken w/her head cut off.

Of course its BN.

My mom ordered the Spiderwick Chronicles audio book set for my son before his birthday (Oct 30). Near Thanksgiving, it had still not arrived. She actually placed the order at a local store.

I told her to cancel it and order it through amazon. A few days later it was here. I don't have problems with things like that from amazon -- but I do have problems with their external sites. Of course, they have no control over those.

I never have issues from actual Amazon...but have had from external sites. This year, so far, has been pretty smooth *other than a person on vegsource who took my $$$ and never shipped my product and won't e-mail me back!...yes, paypal claim has been filed!* But last year, I ordered from Bath and Body Works online and it took almost a MONTH to get my order. Never again will I order from them at Christmas time!

FIRST COMPLAINT

Well, you know those marble runs I inquired about a few days ago? It seems there was a run on them (nice pun, huh?), and now I probably won't have any until sometime after Christmas. These were to be for our youngest son.

Now, what really annoys me is I ordered one from an external site on Amazon. I emailed and called several times to see if the item was indeed in stock since they were sold out everywhere else. No answering any of my contact methods. Days later, I received an email saying the order was cancelled. No personal contact or anything. I have the identical set on order from Rainbow Resource along with another backordered one, but Rainbow Resource won't ship it out until it waits 5 days on the backordered one to see if it becomes available (which I highly doubt it will).

The other run had been ordered from another external site who waited two days to tell me they were out of stock.

NEXT COMPLAINT

I ordered two lands of Oz maps from the International Wizard of Oz club for my other son who has been devouring L. Frank Baum's books. I wanted to frame them. I ordered them on December 2, and paid with paypal. A few days ago I began emailing them daily to see the status. They publish no phone # by which to call. Today, I filed a paypal dispute simply saying that I was seeking contact with the company/organization.

15 minutes later I receive an email from the company! She said the maps will go in the mail tomorrow. Days of emails and me frantically searching the internet for some other form of contact, and in 15 minutes when I yank the right cord, I get a response.

This might not help, but have you looked at an actual Target store for the marble run? When I was in there over the weekend they had 2 different ones in stock, and I actually thought of you.

Sorry the companies are being difficult. That stinks.

I was trying to buy a Domino set from Hearthsong for my kids last year - or th eyear before. They did the same thing... cancelled it with no time to replace. THey shipped the add-on i bought (at a higher price since it wasn't the bundle). i was ticked because it was in stock when i ordered.... they drug their feet processing the order for 3-4 DAYS and it went out. Web orders didn't get processed FIRST, phone orders did :glare:

I'm still bitter about it.... i still have the add-on in my closet too, and just haven't decided if i'll EVER order the full set.

HMPH.

ANYWAY, i feel your pain.