Menu

I'm tired of being the natural consequence enforcer

sassenach

A lot of you helped me think through the covid situation with my dad. I won't go into all the details, but I did end up getting yelled at in this process (pretty rare in our relationship, and he did apologize). Talked with him today and he still doesn't sound good, and is also not resting at all (out in the snow, digging his elderly neighbors out). I decided to have him stay home, largely because he sounds too depleted to travel off the mountain and I do not want to play any part in his lack of rest and recovery. (He did have 2 negative tests and is 15 days post positive, so I'm not as concerned about his infectiousness). He's sad about it and I am as well. But hey, this is a consequence of not getting vaccinated and I'm sorry that it sucks.

Then I get a phone call from dd. She doesn't have a dog sitter for 5 days, including Christmas, and she wants us to take her dog. That is a very bad idea for a number of reasons that I won't spell out but you'll just have to trust me. She was crying that she might have to pay for boarding or not go on her trip and I'm just like, yeah, that's called being a pet owner. You can't take big trips without having a plan. Sometimes it costs money. That's life. 

Santa, what I want for Christmas is for these adults in my life to learn their adult lessons without my involvement

• Like 23