Menu

Feral Cat Org in Savannah Ga rec. needed

TechWife

Islands Feral Cats Project in Savannah is a Best Friends Network Partner. (Best Friends is a nationally known and respected no-kill sanctuary.) To be on the Network list, an organization must meet these criteria:

• Be willing and able to establish a positive working relationship with Best Friends and submit with required data reporting.
  • Be a group or shelter operating in the United States (excluding U.S. Territories) serving dogs and/or cats and their owners.
  • Be in compliance with all local laws and regulations governing animal sheltering and provide appropriate daily care to all animals under the care of the organization, including animals in foster homes or at other offsite locations. This includes, but is not limited to: sanitary living conditions, food, water, enrichment and shelter.
  • Be actively working toward the Best Friends mission of No More Homeless Pets by operating or supporting an active dog and/or cat adoption, transport, and/or spay/neuter or intake prevention program.
  • Be an approved 501(c)(3) public charity or municipal shelter. To learn more about 501(c)(3), please visit the Internal Revenue Service website.
  • Be in good standing with GuideStar Charity Check.
Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I don't know of one, but I'm bumping your thread in the hope that someone else will. 

What a sweet thing to do!!!

I never met the kitty, but this morning my heart hurts to learn that he is no longer alive. He had a rough life but he was as pampered as much as a feral cat can be pampered over this last year. He was provided with multiple meals daily, TNR, a heated cat condo on a porch and pillows to sleep on in the warm months. His people were never even able to touch him, but they cared for him just the same.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, MercyA said:

Islands Feral Cats Project in Savannah is a Best Friends Network Partner. (Best Friends is a nationally known and respected no-kill sanctuary.) To be on the Network list, an organization must meet these criteria:

• Be willing and able to establish a positive working relationship with Best Friends and submit with required data reporting.
  • Be a group or shelter operating in the United States (excluding U.S. Territories) serving dogs and/or cats and their owners.
  • Be in compliance with all local laws and regulations governing animal sheltering and provide appropriate daily care to all animals under the care of the organization, including animals in foster homes or at other offsite locations. This includes, but is not limited to: sanitary living conditions, food, water, enrichment and shelter.
  • Be actively working toward the Best Friends mission of No More Homeless Pets by operating or supporting an active dog and/or cat adoption, transport, and/or spay/neuter or intake prevention program.
  • Be an approved 501(c)(3) public charity or municipal shelter. To learn more about 501(c)(3), please visit the Internal Revenue Service website.
  • Be in good standing with GuideStar Charity Check.

Thank you - I made a donation to this organization and also gave my kitties “second dinner” in Drunkle’s memory. I’m being ridiculously sappy about this cat I didn’t even know! I’m getting tearey-eyed just typing this. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1