Menu

UK folks, input on Numatic Henry vacuum?

ktgrok

In my vacuum search I came across Henry, and I gotta say, he's adorable! And has an extra long cord, good filtration, suction, etc. Wondering if anyone can comment on him? Does he fall over a lot? Does that extra large bag get stinky before it ever fills up?

It would be for the downstairs, which has LVT hard floors. It's the same price as getting a cordless, but has the tools on board, better longevity, suction, etc so I'm considering it since with the long cord and the long hose it would reach most of the downstairs without having to unplug. Plus, the cordless ones don't have tool storage on the vacuum, and Henry does. (I'd keep my corded Shark duoclean for upstairs on carpet, and it has a lift away feature for using on stairs with a turbo brush)

I used one when I was cleaning as part of a job seven years ago. I wasn't enormously impressed. It seemed like old technology at the time. I don't know if they have upgraded.

No stink and he didn't fall over much. I didn't have to change the bag often, which made me wonder how much he picked up. My Dyson picks up much more, I think.

12 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

I used one when I was cleaning as part of a job seven years ago. I wasn't enormously impressed. It seemed like old technology at the time. I don't know if they have upgraded.

No stink and he didn't fall over much. I didn't have to change the bag often, which made me wonder how much he picked up. My Dyson picks up much more, I think.

Were you using it mainly on carpet or hard floor? I've read it isn't great on carpet but had hoped it did well on hard floors. 

I had a Henry when I lived in the UK, and like Laura I was not that impressed. We had mostly hard floors although they weren't smooth like LVP (mostly flagstone and old pine boards). We didn't bring it with us, or buy another one, when we moved to the US. I used to have a really expensive Miele with all the bells and whistles, and honestly my Shark does as well or better than the Miele and much better than the Henry. The Henry is really a shop vac and is OK if you have to suck up liquids or a whole box of spilled Cheerios, but it was pretty mediocre for regular household tasks.

• Like 1

Ugh. 

It is so confusing. Supposed vacuum "experts" like repair people say that Henry is great, and despise bagless and cordless machines. But actualy moms seem to like best the cordless, bagless stuff. Blergh. 

Edited by ktgrok