Menu

Should I be concerned or is this just a strange coincidence????

lynn

If she has signed up for a MyChart account or similar with a hospital group, sometimes records with similar names get mixed up and your daughter's record may be connected to that practice incorrectly. My dh had his records mixed in with another person with the same name. Took a bit to figure out.

• Like 2

I would follow up with the doctor's office that sent the message to clear things up.

We have a fairly common last name and six kids.  One of our doctor's offices accidentally linked another child's account to ours.  She had our same last name, but she isn't mine.  It took several phone calls to straighten it out.

• Like 1

Another possibility - could a doctor or practice you've visited in the past merged, changed names, switched networks, got bought out, etc? For example, one clinic we used to visit was affiliated with a hospital and had the name of that hospital as a part of the clinic name.  That hospital sold its network of standalone clinics to a different hospital network, so now I occasionally get emails stating i could visit "x hospital clinics" for a service, even though I've never actually been seen at "x hospital" or it's clinics in the past.  We moved and are in a different city now, but had I not seen a news article about the sale, it might have seemed odd to be receiving emails from a type of clinic i wasn't visiting by that name when I lived there. 

• Like 1