Menu

Hysterectomy. ☑

stormy weather

I don't post often but wanted to share with you all that I had a hysterectomy yesterday and am feeling pretty good. It was just laproscopic so I only have three pokes in my tum and am a little gassy and crampy but otherwise fine. 

I am so excited to get on with the rest of my life without my troublesome uterus and fibroid baby. 

If you are contemplating, go for it! 

ETA: all my Healthcare workers have been absolute delights and I am so thankful for the hard work they do to take care of us

Edited by stormy weather
  • Like 10

Congratulations! After I had a partial hysterectomy, I remember I woke up in the hospital in the middle of the night and my doctor was there completing paperwork for other patients and I said I can't believe how much pain I had been in for years! 

It was the best decision ever. Happy healing for you! Remember even though they didn't cut you open it is still major surgery and you only have one chance to heal. So take it easy and don't lift or carry anything.

• Like 4

@MEmamaThere are several different types. For me they were in the walls of the uterus(biggest one 6cm and still growing) and extruding inside the uterus so my endometrial lining was weird and my periods we very heavy. I measured once and I had bled 10oz in 5 days! I took BC pills for 10+years and had finally got to a point where I didn't want to do that anymore and had met my deductible earlier in the year so I decided to go for it. There were other options like ablation but with the one still growing and the possibility of it continuing to grow after menopause this was the best decision for me. 

Edited by stormy weather
  • Like 2